Ebrington Arms, Chipping Camden - pub details

Address: Ebrington, Chipping Camden, Gloucestershire, GL55 6NH [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 38575) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train station Moreton-in-marsh (5.1 miles)

> Current user rating: 8.0/10 (rated by 11 users)

Churchill Arms, Chipping Campden (1.3 miles), Eight Bells, Chipping Campden (2.0 miles)

user reviews of Ebrington Arms, Chipping Camden

Greeted by a sign saying its "The Times best village Inn in the Uk". Big claim, but you can kind of see where they are coming from.

Tiny front bar. Long dining room, with a sign saying only for diners.

1pm on a Saturday lunch and no choice but to stand at bar and get in everyone's way. Strange, when there is so much room available.

Beer wise, there was a Mild from North Cotswold Brewery and two of their own brands - Yubberton Yubby and Goldie. The Yubby was good enough to prompt me to buy three bottles to take home.

Worth seeking out.

Visit blogged at http://bit.ly/2nzxJ62
Mappiman - 4 Feb 2018 19:24
A comfy and characterful country inn that has a lot going for it. Personally, I found the Yubby ale a touch thin and disappointing for the ABV (at 3.8% one wants more flavour - not a boys bitter), but there was admittedly a wider selection that I did not sample. Some strong, imaginative cooking generally impressed our party - especially the fish. The vegetarian food is interesting and thoughtful too. The service was excellent and staff are very well informed. Not cheap but good value for the quality and service.
richythemole - 16 Aug 2015 12:36
Wonderful country pub with a fully hands-on host. The food is superb and I would recommend booking. The house brews are brewed at the North Cotswolds Brewery and there are guest ales as well. Stone flagged floors, open fireplaces and a great atmosphere.
Steamer1 - 9 Mar 2015 17:42
Went to this pub a couple of years back for dinner when staying near by and enjoyed it so much we went back for dinner the next night, and Sunday lunch. Very good food, very good ale and Jim as host was awesome. Every time we mention a weekend away I always ask if we can go here but for various reasons we haven't been able to. I very much look forward to a return visit!
tomtrumps - 13 Jul 2012 13:39
Great little pub, interesting old building and most importantly a good selection of great beer. We only popped in for one on a bike ride at the weekend, cant remember what I had (think it was called something to do with trains?) but it went down a treat! I imagine if you were planning on eating you would want to get there early.
bike2beer - 12 Apr 2012 15:16