Blackburne Arms Hotel, Liverpool - pub details

Blackburne Arms Hotel

Address: 24 Catharine Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L8 7NL [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 35706) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Liverpool Central (0.6 miles), Lime Street Liverpool (0.8 miles), Edge Hill (1 mile)

> Current user rating: 5.8/10 (rated by 16 users)

Caledonia, Liverpool (0.0 miles), Belvedere, Liverpool (0.1 miles), Ye Cracke, Liverpool (0.2 miles), Symphony, Liverpool (0.2 miles), Cambridge, Liverpool (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Blackburne Arms Hotel, Liverpool

This is a reasonably big place but it was mostly reserved for dinners when I was in but there is a small area that seems to be reserved for mostly drinkers, the actual bar is in a U-shape. On the bar the ales were- Lancaster Red, Waterloo Sunset by Rock the Boat and Cotleigh 25. I went for the for the Waterloo Sunset at 3.10 a pint, well kept and a good beer. Not a bad place but not really a pub for drinking in.
Wezzielad - 21 Jun 2017 21:42
Great pub and excellent food too.
The staff were very friendly also
dontbuffmypylon - 22 Nov 2016 13:00
I was there on 16th of May. The 2 or 3 peoples. Nobody in the staff look at me et said hello when I arrived. There were just 2 tables to serve for food. I waited 10 minutes and I left.
Jey - 23 Jun 2015 12:22
Returned here after a gap of more than 5 years on Saturday, after hearing that the pub has changed hands. Sure enough, there were 3 ales on that were more adventurous than previous selections. The Beartown Ginger Bear I tried was good. I don't recall the other two beers. It seems a bit dull inside. But it is certainly an improvement from my last visit.
blue_scrumpy - 26 Nov 2013 22:01
Went in about 2 months ago to watch the footy. They had Black Sheep and another guest ale. I opted for a pint of Thatchers Gold which was about 3 a pint. I had to leave when the footy got to half time as I couldn't get to the bar for another pint as it was crowded.

I visited again a couple of weeks later and it was a bit quieter but I didn't really like the atmosphere. I couldn't really put my finger on what it was with this place but I prefer the pubs around the corner to this one.

mattbeer - 14 Apr 2012 13:34