Blackburne Arms Hotel, Liverpool - pub details

Blackburne Arms Hotel

Address: 24 Catharine Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L8 7NL [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 35706) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Liverpool Central (0.6 miles), Lime Street Liverpool (0.8 miles), Edge Hill (1 mile)

> Current user rating: 5.6/10 (rated by 14 users)

Caledonia, Liverpool (0.0 miles), Belvedere, Liverpool (0.1 miles), Ye Cracke, Liverpool (0.2 miles), Symphony, Liverpool (0.2 miles), Cambridge, Liverpool (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Blackburne Arms Hotel, Liverpool

I was there on 16th of May. The 2 or 3 peoples. Nobody in the staff look at me et said hello when I arrived. There were just 2 tables to serve for food. I waited 10 minutes and I left.
Jey - 23 Jun 2015 12:22
Returned here after a gap of more than 5 years on Saturday, after hearing that the pub has changed hands. Sure enough, there were 3 ales on that were more adventurous than previous selections. The Beartown Ginger Bear I tried was good. I don't recall the other two beers. It seems a bit dull inside. But it is certainly an improvement from my last visit.
blue_scrumpy - 26 Nov 2013 22:01
Went in about 2 months ago to watch the footy. They had Black Sheep and another guest ale. I opted for a pint of Thatchers Gold which was about 3 a pint. I had to leave when the footy got to half time as I couldn't get to the bar for another pint as it was crowded.

I visited again a couple of weeks later and it was a bit quieter but I didn't really like the atmosphere. I couldn't really put my finger on what it was with this place but I prefer the pubs around the corner to this one.

mattbeer - 14 Apr 2012 13:34
Fancied a steak and it being a Wednesday,I thought I'd try the Blackburne as it offers a discount. We had two rib eye steaks which were reasonably well cooked and presented along with Cheshire Gold Bitter.The place is ok, a little sixties-ish and the furniture , I agree is a wee excentric. The only serious criticism, and this is true of a lot of places in Liverpool is that the bar isn't one that you could lean up against for an hour or so gassing to the barman/maid. It's basically an order and pay and find a niche to natter or smooch in, and not being much of a natterer or smoocher for that matter, I ate, supped up and bade the barman/maid a polite good evening. I honestly wouldn't go out of my way to go there again, but that's not to disparage it, it's just that there really are quite a number of pubs nearby which are more my sort of boozer.
shouldersarms - 26 Jun 2011 20:39
I normally go to Ye Cracke, Fly In The Loaf etc in this part of town and hadn't been here in over a year. I visited last week and had an expensive pint of Tim Taylor Landlord. The pub was busy and most people seemed to be eating food from the menu. The three men serving behind the bar/standing around didn't seem to be too bothered about making me feel welcome.

So I don't think I'll bother with this place again!
mattbeer - 30 Mar 2011 23:32