The Snowdrop, Lewes - pub details

Snowdrop

Address: South Street, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2BU [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 3388) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Lewes (0.5 miles), Glynde (2.5 miles), Cooksbridge (2.6 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.9/10 (rated by 67 users)

Gardeners Arms, Lewes (0.2 miles), John Harvey Tavern, Lewes (0.2 miles), Dorset Arms, Lewes (0.2 miles), Volunteer, Lewes (0.3 miles), Lansdown Arms, Lewes (0.4 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Snowdrop, Lewes

The Snowdrop was my last and favourite pub of the day. It is situated in a residential area of Cliffe with a fairly dramatic chalk cliff backdrop. It's also next to a lengthy tunnel that leads to the other end of Lewes. The interior feels cosy. But there are plenty of tables crammed in. There are also 2 outdoor areas either side of the pub. Both have several tables too. The ale selection was good and was complemented by a good range of craft beers on keg. Yesterday they had Harveys Sussex Best Bitter, Burning Sky Aurora & Plateau, Downlands Twent Six Strong Pale Ale & Thirteen Pale Ale & 360 Degrees Pale Ale on cask. Cider was Seacider Medium. The best pub we tried in Lewes.
blue_scrumpy - 13 Jun 2016 19:41
In any other town this size this pub would be a godsend, in Lewes it's probably not worth the walk out of the town centre (when you've got the JHT, Lewes Arms and Gardeners already). The Snowdrop has good beer, nice decor, but feels a bit too foody if you're only drinking (and the food is nice but not amazing if you're eating).
swebbzzz - 8 Mar 2016 14:23
IMHO food not as good as the Lewes Arms, but a real variety of stouts when I went, great little pub
OldandBitter - 12 Feb 2016 23:28
I agree with lezford below!

A great pint of Bristol Milk Stout, make that three! My mate also had the same so I can't comment on the other beers available.

The food is excellent, although my first choice was unfortunately un-available.

When back in Lewes, I would definitely return.
Ade.The.Raider - 2 Apr 2015 15:32
With my football teams game at Lewes being postponed due to the wet weather it was decided to travel to Lewes anyway and tick the 5 pubs in the town that were on my list.

Our 1st stop after a 15 minute walk was the Snowdrop, a very busy free house.

I'd been told this was a food pub and this is very true. By 12.30pm the majority of the punters in the pub were ordering food or eating.

On the bar there are 6 pumps dispensing 5 cask ales and 1 cider. All of the ales from different breweries including the dependable Harvey's Sussex Best. I started the day with a pint of Blackjack Brewery Shuffled Deck @ 3.8%. A cracking pint that unforateluy was so good that by the time I wanted a 2nd it had run out, so my 2nd beer was Bristol Beer Factory’s Milk Stout @ 4.5%, another decent drop. In addition to the ales there are several pumps offering good quality “craft” lager and also a good bottle range.

Inside the pub is pretty quirky with lots of bits and bobs hanging from the ceiling these include a couple of surfboards!

Outside there are 2 garden areas but with the rain hammering down these were not the place to be.

Even though food was being served I only saw a couple of plates of chips pass me so I cannot comment how good the food is however it was certainly popular.

All in all the Snowdrop is a smashing pub and a great place to start the day’s ticking trip.
lezford - 5 Jan 2015 10:23