The Snowdrop, Lewes - pub details

Address: South Street, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2BU [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 3388) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Lewes (0.5 miles), Glynde (2.5 miles), Cooksbridge (2.6 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.9/10 (rated by 64 users)
> Local guide: East Sussex pub guide

Gardeners Arms, Lewes (0.2 miles), John Harvey Tavern, Lewes (0.2 miles), Dorset Arms, Lewes (0.2 miles), Volunteer, Lewes (0.3 miles), Lansdown Arms, Lewes (0.4 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Snowdrop, Lewes

I agree with lezford below!

A great pint of Bristol Milk Stout, make that three! My mate also had the same so I can't comment on the other beers available.

The food is excellent, although my first choice was unfortunately un-available.

When back in Lewes, I would definitely return.
Ade.The.Raider - 2 Apr 2015 15:32
With my football teams game at Lewes being postponed due to the wet weather it was decided to travel to Lewes anyway and tick the 5 pubs in the town that were on my list.

Our 1st stop after a 15 minute walk was the Snowdrop, a very busy free house.

I'd been told this was a food pub and this is very true. By 12.30pm the majority of the punters in the pub were ordering food or eating.

On the bar there are 6 pumps dispensing 5 cask ales and 1 cider. All of the ales from different breweries including the dependable Harvey's Sussex Best. I started the day with a pint of Blackjack Brewery Shuffled Deck @ 3.8%. A cracking pint that unforateluy was so good that by the time I wanted a 2nd it had run out, so my 2nd beer was Bristol Beer Factory’s Milk Stout @ 4.5%, another decent drop. In addition to the ales there are several pumps offering good quality “craft” lager and also a good bottle range.

Inside the pub is pretty quirky with lots of bits and bobs hanging from the ceiling these include a couple of surfboards!

Outside there are 2 garden areas but with the rain hammering down these were not the place to be.

Even though food was being served I only saw a couple of plates of chips pass me so I cannot comment how good the food is however it was certainly popular.

All in all the Snowdrop is a smashing pub and a great place to start the day’s ticking trip.
lezford - 5 Jan 2015 10:23
a very good pub now.
johnsul - 8 Nov 2014 10:04
The Snowdrop has a certain Brighton/Lewesian boho charm about it but feels friendly enough. Bar Staff are a credit, the food looked generous as it sped past us (we were in a hurry) and the beer was delicious - they do Belgians in bottles as well - so worth a visit...
pkrp - 10 Sep 2014 22:45
Tucked away but worth the effort to find.

Friendly and helpful staff and very good beer.

A worthy inclusion on any trip to Lewes.
terenced - 1 Jul 2014 13:24