The Greys, Brighton - pub details

Address: 105 Southover Street, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 9UA [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 3334) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Brighton (0.5 miles), London Road - Brighton (0.6 miles), Moulsecoomb (1.4 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.2/10 (rated by 44 users)
> Local guide: East Sussex pub guide

Geese Have Gone Over The Water, Brighton (0.0 miles), Spread Eagle, Brighton (0.1 miles), Freebutt, Brighton (0.1 miles), Horse and Groom, Brighton (0.2 miles), London Unity, Brighton (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of The Greys, Brighton

Beer selection disappointing and expensive, possibly the most expensive in Hanover. An Enterprise Inn I gather so that tells a story. Good for music though. Sadly and old friend couldn't make the Sam Hutt gig this coming sunday. (He used to go to school with him).
addlened - 2 Jul 2015 14:21
Visited with a family group on a recent Sunday. I found the staff friendly, the atmosphere relaxing,and the beer and the food very much to my liking. Why can't more pubs be like this? Wish I lived in the vicinity. I would like to thank the staff for a very pleasant afternoon.
mneligan - 22 Apr 2015 20:34
I visited after reading a good review in an article about The London Unity, very disappointed, the place may have changed hands, but still just Harveys Best and Timothy Taylor Landlord, I had a very average Harveys Best, nowhere near the value of £3.40 I was charged.
And as for doing music again, with the mass of speakers stuck to the ceiling, I imagine that you will be able to hear it down on the level.
And how on earth does it get into The Good Beer Guide, with only the same two beers on?
Another pub off of my list.
RobinDay - 1 Feb 2013 13:28
A recent visit, also on the local Ale Trail and I have to say this pub was in a different class to the others - unfortunately a class well below. All the other pubs had at least 4 real ales available, including a minimum of one guest ale. This pub had just the two, the same two as always. Don't get me wrong, Harveys Best and Tim Taylor Landlord are fine beers in their own right but neither were anything other than of average quality on my visit. For a pub that is both in the GBG and on the Ale Trail a lot more effort is needed to justify inclusion in both.
ropey2 - 17 Jul 2012 13:44
nice clean interesting pub,good tim taylor ,pleasant staff, if your out of shape catch the bus here as the hills a killer.
THUNFAN007 - 8 Jan 2012 21:52