The Butchers Arms, Herne - pub details

Butchers Arms

Address: 29 Herne Street, Herne, Kent, CT6 7HL [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 33211) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Herne Bay (1.3 miles), Chestfield & Swalecliffe (3.2 miles), Sturry (4 miles)

> Current user rating: 8.4/10 (rated by 28 users)
> Local guide: Kent pub guide

Smugglers Inn, Herne Bay (0.0 miles), Upper Red Lion, Herne Bay (0.0 miles), First and Last, Herne Bay (0.5 miles), Plough, Herne Bay (0.9 miles), Huntsman and Horn, Herne Bay (1.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Butchers Arms, Herne

Back as promised. Burning sky was superb.
pwilkins - 6 Jan 2016 12:29
First time visited, but it wont be my last. Had long chat with Martyn and drank kent IPA, which was delicious! A few peope in and a very friendly atmosphere.
pwilkins - 10 Nov 2014 14:26
Some great cheese tossed about today so what with a few drops of Leviathan and the odd pistachio it was the dog's bollards. Hoping to see me old mate Jack for a quick bite too but you can't have everything. I was doing my ordinary rounds and missed the ends of Farewell, but the Citra and Coppertop deserved a good licking. You can't beat this pub for a lively atmosphere and for once I don't get patted on the head which is always most annoying. By the way. Whose got my ball?
Indy - 21 Apr 2013 19:42
To the BITE user who questioned what they put in the barrels to make the ales taste so great, I have heard so many rumours but Martyn confirmed that it's just the aged old oak barrels they store them in. Luke the barman is a very tolerant fellow, a real charmer and this is very rare these days. I can only say that he was VERY willing to share his previous homoerotic dalliances with us all, and this is a refreshing change for someone so closeted. My partner and I go back as often as we can. I would recommend everyone - gay, straight or transgender, pops in here whenever they are in the area, an open mind is a definite requirement.
benton - 27 Mar 2013 10:57
I don't know what is done in the "cellar" of this pub, but any beer drunk here tastes better than anywhere else, including at the breweries from whence they came! This may seem like hyperbole, but I am being absolutely serious when I assert that.
The banter among all of the customers in this small pub, and the lack of any non-ale distractions make this the original and the best Micro-pub. Always worth the schlep!
Soldrax - 3 Jan 2013 15:07