Latymers, Hammersmith - pub details

Address: 157 Hammersmith Road, London, W6 8BS [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 3319) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube stations Barons Court (0.3 miles), Hammersmith (0.4 miles), Kensington (Olympia) (0.5 miles)

Nearest train stations Kensington Olympia (0.5 miles), West Brompton (1.1 miles), Barnes Bridge (2.2 miles)

Brewery: Fullers

> Current user rating: 6.7/10 (rated by 32 users)
> Local guide: London pub guide

Martins Wine Bar, Hammersmith (0.0 miles), Albion, West Kensington (0.2 miles), Queens Head, Hammersmith (0.2 miles), Bar@1, Hammersmith (0.3 miles), Fox and Hounds, Shepherds Bush (0.3 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Latymers, Hammersmith

Back here for the first time in years, and it's been ten years since I was a regular here. Even so the restaurant manager remembered me. I had Fullers Pride, which you do in this area; this is Fullers country. Had some Thai food which was more than palatable. Latymers keeps going on the office-worker trade I suppose, and hasn't changed that much in the intervening decade; the huge ceiling mirror left over from its life as an American-style bar, all cream sofas and red motifs on the wall, is still there, easier to leave it in situ I expect. Its past as the Red Cow is long behind it but never quite forgotten.
rainlight - 6 Aug 2015 10:33

Go in for food at 10 minutes to 3pm, to be told they have stopped, when pointing out the sign that says they served food until 3pm, they reluctantly said they would take our order. Great when you have to talk people into taking your money!

My friend wanted an omelet, we we told they fryers were off, so she couldn't have it. Apparently she took to long to choose something else, by which time it was 5 to 3pm, and we were told no food!

We will never ever go back here, shocking service from the food side of the business... not sure how they have any customers
Tricksy - 19 Feb 2012 10:42
Perfectly serviceable Friday night pub with very friendly service (unlike a new venue visited last week for the first time)

Only minor complaint was that for a Fullers pub there wasn't a huge selection - Pride and ESB from memory and suspect there was Honeydew as well. Still, the Pride was far from the worst one I'll ever have.

Oh, and why do pubs have television going when there's nothing really to watch on? There's only so much Sky Sports News one person can watch without turning slightly zombie-like.
brodie_bruce - 21 Jan 2012 12:34
Love this pub! I work around the corner and regularly pop in. Cheeky pint in the afternoon to the cricket, thai lunch, after work drinks, all sorted. I even travel in on the weekends for the footie now and again. Fairly quiet, under-rated pub.
Uncle_Frank - 21 Aug 2011 14:16
Looks like the management has changed at Latymers. New manager is very friendly and welcoming and clearly cares about quality.
Have seen some interesting nights and ideas starting.

Great thai restaurant at the back and good selection of well cared for beers. I thought the prices were good for the area and I would definitely recommend this place, either for an event, or to start the night with quality thai food (the place that invented 'tiger sauce' apparantly!), before settling in to beers without even needing to move from your seat!
rb1 - 9 Aug 2010 12:59