Fox and Hounds, Caversham - pub details

Fox and Hounds

Address: Gosbrook Road, Caversham, Reading, Berkshire, RG4 8BS [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 32178) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Reading (0.6 miles), Reading West (1.2 miles), Tilehurst (2.7 miles)

> Current user rating: 4.5/10 (rated by 35 users)

Clifton Arms, Caversham (0.0 miles), Baron Cadogan, Caversham (0.1 miles), Alto Lounge, Reading (0.1 miles), Prince of Wales, Caversham (0.1 miles), At The River, Reading (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Fox and Hounds, Caversham

This is almost certainly Caversham's best pub and was my favourite of 11 Berkshire pubs we tried today. The Fox & Hounds reminds me of the Nags Head in Reading. Although it is smaller. 8 ales and 3 ciders were on - Ramsbury Same Again & Flint Knapper, RCH PG Steam, West Berkshire March Hare, Arbor Triple Hop, MB Bomb & Smokescreen & Slaters Haka were the ales. The ciders were Cornish Orchards Farmhouse Cider, Westons Country Perry & Millwhites Rum Cask. Has a mainly local crowd. The interior is nice and there is an outdoor area with seating at the rear. Could have been an 8 with more knowledgeable bar staff.
blue_scrumpy - 7 Mar 2015 22:01
Interesting pub trivia - this pub is the only place John Lennon and Paul McCartney ever performed as a duo. They appeared as the" Nerk Twins" after hitchhiking down from Liverpool to stay with Paul's cousin, the then landlady, in 1960. They also served behind the bar during the week.
paulf - 10 Feb 2014 13:11
Popped in this afternoon and bar maid did not even notice ! Too busy playing with her phone. Waited, coughed, dropped another hint then simply went up the road instead to the Clifton. Had a couple of pints of Brakspear Top Notch which was excellent.
The_Burks - 17 Dec 2013 17:45
Harrow Prineappel
Why you speak in funny voice? Is not London cookie boy? Wot pubs you go to? If you no rike pub ren why you go? Can you glive me menny good plubs in Walsall where you clum from?
mcroyal - 4 Nov 2013 23:15
You punk must be cleaner of pub

I not visit all pub in one day debilka -i just go to here and write my reviews to the pub I go before visit.
The bar maid was be lazy and we did do the wait for the serve.
There was not a toilet paper or a soap to do washing hand. And no was the light on outside . Maybe you no afford new lantern or a power to make work.

I gave to you still the good rating but now change my mind because no you like be told. When I visit the Reading is no problem because there are more good pub than you one pub. I inside a London anyway so for me is no problem.
You probably is look like troll I want to say that before I go from here and you is a rude - sorry to the reading of anyone else my English is no perfect I know /:

Glupszy niz ustawa przewiduje i masz dupe jak szafe. Umyj cycki!
Pineapple_The - 18 Oct 2013 13:13