The Ribs of Beef, Norwich - pub details

Ribs of Beef

Address: 24 Wensum Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR3 1HY [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 3192) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Norwich (0.6 miles), Salhouse (5.1 miles)

Cask Marque accreditation

> Current user rating: 7.1/10 (rated by 67 users)

Lawyer, Norwich (0.0 miles), Glasshouse, Norwich (0.0 miles), Mischief, Norwich (0.0 miles), Maids Head Hotel, Norwich (0.1 miles), Edith Cavell, Norwich (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Ribs of Beef, Norwich

Somehow we saved the best pub until last again on our 11 pub crawl of Norwich. This is a fantastic little pub situated next to the river. There was a good selection of ales and ciders - Lacons Saint Nick's, Adnams Ghost Ship, Partners Stout & About, Moon Gazer Winter Porter, Orkney Northern Light, Woodfordes Wherry, Sharps Doom Bar, Wolf For Fox Sake & Golden Jackal, Farmer Jims Dry & Kingfisher Farm Cider. We decided to finish with two halves. But I very nearly ended up with 2 pints. Whilst I could have happily stayed for more, we had a train to catch. I need to make a note to try this pub much earlier in the day next time. As it's worth spending a lot longer here. Norwich is a great city for pubs and whilst we didn't get to the Fat Cat on this visit, the Ribs of Beef did almost make up for it.
blue_scrumpy - 13 Dec 2015 16:22
Good pub on the bridge opposite The Mischief. Good beer selction. Ideal place to start a trip up Magdalen Street to The Kings Head and The Plasterers. Give them all a visit.
Iceni_Explorer - 4 May 2015 01:17
Very good pub indeed. 9 cask ales available, pleasant location by the river. Shame they don't do food in an evening and the wifi wasn't working but that's me being a bit picky I suppose! Overall, well worth a visit, by far the best pub I've come across in that part of Norwich.
alexw - 2 Sep 2013 23:19
A gem of a pub. I visited it for the first time last week and it was so good we returned today (I live in Herts). Worth travelling for.
Tewin - 9 Aug 2013 20:35
Really difficult not to give this excellent pub 10/10.

Visited today for lunch with a lady friend. As suggested by other contributors, a very comfortable pub in a great location (a pity the sun was not shining or we might have been tempted to sit outside on terrace).

Tried the Wolf Gold Jackal and the Hare and Hedgehog, both in good condition.

The food was of a very high quality, I had the Beef Stew, my partner the Salmon Fishcakes.

Beer and food served by two very attentive barmaids.

A near perfect afternoon was topped off with a couple of hands of crib with two regulars. I would probably still be there now if I didn't have a train to catch.

I will certainly return.