The Ragged Trousers, Tunbridge Wells - pub details

Address: 44 The Pantiles, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN2 5TN [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 31569) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Tunbridge Wells (0.4 miles), High Brooms (1.9 miles), Frant (2.4 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.1/10 (rated by 27 users)

Duke of York, Tunbridge Wells (0.0 miles), Swan Hotel, Tunbridge Wells (0.0 miles), Sussex Arms, Tunbridge Wells (0.0 miles), Old West Station, Tunbridge Wells (0.1 miles), Cassidys, Tunbridge Wells (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Ragged Trousers, Tunbridge Wells

After The Compasses it’s time for another pub from the 2015 GBG. A short walk back down the High St to this trendy pub in the Victorian Pantiles area of town.

The sun is shining so on my arrival it’s packed out the front with only 1 table spare which we nab.

Inside it’s pretty quiet, there’s stripped wooden flooring all the way through and an overpowering stench of garlic from the kitchen which is pretty off putting. 4 ales on the hand pumps with a couple of local offerings, I go for a pint of Larkins Brewery Traditional @ 3.8%, it’s a decent pint.

The Ragged Trousers is nice pub but being in the Pantiles it is very foodie and on this Saturday afternoon visit there were much more people ordering food and eating than their were drinkers.

I may return as the ale was good and the location is great for people watching but beware the stench of garlic.
lezford - 18 Aug 2015 11:30
Another wet cricket week another visit to the Trousers.

A mixture of poor weather and a public holiday meant the place was very busy and seats were not easy to come by.

The staff were young & friendly and there was a decent selection of real ales.
I enjoyed a pint of Long Blonde and would have stayed longer but decided to go somewhere I could sit and stretch out a bit.

outtamehead - 4 Jun 2014 13:39
My first visit yesterday. I was a little hesitant as I thought it looked a bit like a trendy wine bar and to be honest there are lots of wines on offer. However its inclusion in the GBG is well merited. Three good real ales on I especially enjoyed the Larkins Traditional. The others were Long Blonde from Long Man and a Dark Star brew. The overall feel is of a continental brasserie with plenty of metal chairs and tables available outside. Inside the atmosphere is laidback. The paintings on the wall give the pub a bohemian feel. The friendly barstaff were all young, none over 25 as a guess. The clientele were much more varied. I didn't try the food though the meals have a good reputation. The toilets could be improved but otherwise I thoroughly enjoyed my visit.
outtamehead - 2 Jun 2013 18:42
Can't beat toastboasters review, but also liked this a lot. Modern pub feel, with good localish beers and interesting kegs, and nice nuts. Won't look unusual to anyone who's been in an Antic pub, for example, but the best (along with Royal Oak) I've found in my in-laws town.
mtaylor40 - 15 Jan 2013 21:38
Hoegaarden, good bitter, odd pub but worth a pint of three with a good crowd. More of a bar than a pub but definitely worth the effort for the weisser beer alone.
wanderjahre - 16 Aug 2012 19:02