The White Horse, Maidenhead - pub details

Previously called: Brewers Teahouse

White Horse

Address: 105 High St, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 1EA [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 30402) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Maidenhead (0.3 miles), Furze Platt (0.8 miles), Taplow (2.1 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.6/10 (rated by 11 users)

Smokey Joes, Maidenhead (0.0 miles), Rose, Maidenhead (0.1 miles), Bar 38, Maidenhead (0.1 miles), Que Pasa, Maidenhead (0.1 miles), Hand and Flowers, Maidenhead (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the White Horse, Maidenhead

The white horse has really taken off the new manager Sandie has worked hard to get the pub running smoothly and is now having live music every Saturday night from 9pm and Sunday afternoon from 3pm also karaoke every Friday night and open mic night on the first Sunday night of every month starting around 6pm, poker night is every Thursday from 8pm
The kitchen will be opening on Tuesday 1st July with traditional English food.
With homemade meals on a daily basis, Sunday roast is from 1pm til 4pm.
I knew this pub had a lot of potential and I think she has got it right :)

Buster0310 - 27 Jun 2014 04:19
The White horse has a new manager she has been there for about 5 weeks.
she is very friendly and has started turning the place around making sure the drugs don't happen anymore and will not tolerate any form of trouble.
This has been a mans pub for a very long time in recent weeks women have started to drink in there!!
She will also be opening the kitchen within the next week or so,cooking traditional English food at a reasonable price.
She has put a pool team back in there and is looking for a darts team to start in the winter league (September time)
There is regular a poker night every Thursday and karaoke every Friday, open mic and jam night on the first Sunday of every month and live music on the occasional saturday.
Looks like things are looking up for the White Horse :)
Buster0310 - 31 May 2014 20:09
Dear Marmite, certainly no hate intended and certainly not untrue..each speaks as they find. I mentioned the good points as well as the bad and this is what this site is about and hopefully opens managers eyes to improvements. I have been in once while waiting for my Indian and I regret to say that nothing has changed. Manager outside smoking constantly while customers wonder when they are getting served. Still evidence of the use of drugs in the toilets and unless you are a girl the manager is somewhat rude and dismissive. I hope that Marmite has brought this to the managers attention as stated and hopefully something will be done to improve this pub with otherwise great potential. I have been using Noctors under the new management. I think the entertainment is good as well as the service and nothing at all is tolerated like it is at the White horse.
chazbrown - 8 May 2013 14:47
Hey White Horse, its CC from London. Not in today but us guys will be down tomorrow ;-) sort the tunes out!.....

Everybody this is a lovely place to drink and the Landlord lets us order in food delivery which suits us fine and others that I have seen.

One minor though is that normally we get some free tunes on the Juke Box but it has been stopped. We pay quite a price for drink now a days so really we should be able to get at least a few tunes to enjoy as you are not the cheapest in the town however you do give the best vibe!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeeeee ha!!
Marmite123456 - 9 Jul 2012 17:05
Wow I am shocked by Chaz post. I can confirm that its all obviously hate and untrue. I will chat to the landlord about that comment as this is not fair. I use this pub every day after work before I head back to London via train. Its lovely and always has a great atmosphere and the Landlord makes sure their is always a good selection of tunes playing to keep us coming back. The staff are nice too, always polite and prob the only place where you can go and actually have a conversation with the staff as you get served!! Well done guys, ignore that comment and it should be removed or find out who it is and sue for slander!! Oh yes its true it does not serve food and I can see why not as its not a very busy town so not many eat out I presume. Again well done guys, and this is the only pub I have ever been to that holds a great amount of regulars...
Marmite123456 - 9 Jul 2012 16:27