The Clinton Arms, Littleham - pub details

Address: Maer Lane, Littleham, Exmouth, Devon, EX8 2RL [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 29472) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Exmouth (1.9 miles), Lympstone Village (3.3 miles), Starcross (3.5 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.0/10 (rated by 8 users)

Prince Of Wales, Exmouth (1.0 miles), Country House Inn, Exmouth (1.2 miles), Holly Tree, Exmouth (1.2 miles), Farmhouse Inn, Brixington Farm Estate (1.3 miles), Bicton Inn, Exmouth (1.5 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Clinton Arms, Littleham

Reopened. Food as from next Saturday.
Now being run by the same team that has the Black Horse in Sidmouth.
Much brightened up inside. Serving Otter Ale and Pub Badged Tetley at 3.7%,
along with the usual fizzy pop, but I did notice a gassed up Bass on offer.
Now if we can get that on handpump.....

captaineric - 8 Jul 2013 09:13
Has been closed since before Xmas. A sign has now appeared outside asking if you would like to run the pub. I checked the web site given and found that the owning company want a weekly rent of over £ 800!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They also want a start up fee of £ 12,000.
This is almost double the rent they want for any other pub inb the area.
Is it any wonder that so meny pubs are shut with such gready companies.

captaineric - 25 Feb 2013 16:57
I thought the pub and it's surroundings were quite pleasant really.
We had a couple of pints out on the front lawn in the sunshine and also had a reasonable ploughmans lunch each.
My only real complaint was that we found the landlord to be quite rude as he came very near to us to do some gardening and was smoking all when we were eating our dinner.
Not the best selection of beer pumps too.

montie49 - 24 Jul 2012 18:48
We were a group of 18 who visited this pub on Saturday afternoon. The staff was quite friendly, and the landlord himself ensured that we were well taken care of. I had salmon fishcakes, while the missus had lemon sole. We both liked the grub. I would readily recommend this pub.
carpe_diem - 26 Jun 2010 21:27
My wife & I ate at the Clinton Arms last Friday evening after walking from the local Haven holiday camp 1/4 mile up the road.

We found the pub larger than we had expected for a smallish village ( even though Exmouth was offically only 1 mile away ) We entered the bar rather than the Lounge /restaurant & found several groups of locals playing cards & drinking in their working clothes have dropped in on their way home presumably ? If my memory serves be right there appeared to be the usual aray of beers & ciders. Drinking Lager we optied for the 1664 Kronemberg which was served by one of the girls She informed me that they only cooked until 21.00hrs.We had a few more drinks with an hour to spare until the cut off time and on each time was asked if they needed to replace the glasses before refilling.Is that a law ?? It makes No diffrence to us unless the glass is cracked or dirty !!
The food needed to be ordered & paid for at the little counter in the corner of the lounge. Prepaying must cut down on runaways during the busy summer season but must also reduce the tips for the table staff none of whom looked any older then 17. We optied for the steak & mix grill which came with the usual mushrooms which were the tastiest we have had for years obviously being freshly field picked. Whilst we were eating one of the groups of locals did become rather more vocal with the singing of Tom jones's greatest hits and had to be spoken to by whom I took to be the Landlord but it was hard to tell from his jeans & cardigan.

Over all I would recommend the Clinton Arms to anybody passing thru & too those who want to get away from the Haven Holiday park for an evening. It was clean & tidy yet still had an bygone time appeal. But would think it gets busy during the summer peak period.
Twelveman - 16 Sep 2008 13:08