The Ferry Boat Inn, Dittisham - pub details

Ferry Boat Inn

Address: Manor St, Dittisham, Dartmouth, Devon, TQ6 0EX [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 29376) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train station Paignton (4.2 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.3/10 (rated by 13 users)

Red Lion Inn, Dittisham (0.2 miles), Manor Inn, Galmpton (1.7 miles), Church House Inn, Stoke Gabriel (1.8 miles), Castle Inn, Stoke Gabriel (1.8 miles), Floating Bridge Inn, Dartmouth (2.0 miles)

user reviews of the Ferry Boat Inn, Dittisham

In the years since my last review, i've visited twice. Last time I was a bit disappointed, this time I had a very nice pint, sat by the window and enjoyed the view across the harbour.
For some reason they've painted it pink though!
Not the cheapest pub around, but I guess you pay a premium for the view. Also quite small, and limited outdoor seating.
pubscouter - 10 May 2014 21:46
We must have gone in to this pub on the wrong day looking at the below comments. Myself and my girlfriend couldn't have felt any less welcome if we'd have walked in with masks and guns. Upon arriving at the pub at 2:05pm for lunch the land lord smuggly told us that lunch stops at 2:00pm. We bought a pint, nuts and crisps anyway as we'd travelled so far and sat outside only for a staff member to walk out with ham, egg and chips ten minutes later and sit next to us. It wouldn't of hurt for them to have even offered to make us a sandwich surely, after all we're paying customers. It didn't surprise us when a local chap told us that even if you win the weekly pub quiz by 10 points you still lose at the Ferry Boat Inn. Summed up this pub nicely. Won't ever be passing my hard earned cash over this bar again in my life time. The rest of the town and villages were amazing though, just a pity this slightly tainted what otherwise was a fantastic stay in Devon.
rockstarjuzza - 28 Jun 2010 20:01
Brilliant, brilliant. Excellent people, beer and food, I sort of like the toilets! Publicans of failing pubs come here to see how it's done.
ILBuono - 18 Jan 2010 16:22
Had lunch there today and it was fine, staff very good and quite busy for a Monday.
Quirkey pub with great views over the river, agree about the toilets could do with a facelift. worth a vist.
fiftyfive - 29 Jun 2009 17:59
What a brilliant pub the landlord and Landlady very welcoming, the food was excellent., and the service was always with a smile.

16 of us spent New Year in the vIllage, and came here New Years Eve it was a blast everyone so friendly.good music,what a fantastic night.
The gents toilets are a bit drafty apparently watch out for the step!
And the walk back up the hill is not so bad when you have had a few jars,might be handy to take atorch especially in the Winter months!
pet - 3 Jan 2009 20:07