The Elm Tree Inn, Hightown - pub details

Address: Hightown, Ringwood, Hampshire, BH24 3DY [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 2915) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

> Current user rating: 5.9/10 (rated by 12 users)

White Hart, Poulner (0.7 miles), Hunters Lodge, Ringwood (0.8 miles), London Tavern, Poulner (0.9 miles), Railway Hotel, Ringwood (0.9 miles), Lamb Inn, Ringwood (0.9 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Elm Tree Inn, Hightown

We had the most amazing meal here just before the christmas break. We had a lovely warm greeting from the staff and The Landlords were very keen to make themselves known. Our Son and Daughter in Law use the pub quite often. 4 generations with 7 of us all eating different meals.All the meals came out at the same time and were piping hot,those of Us that had veg found it was done to perfection. Only 3 of Us could manage a sweet as the portions were so generous and the sweets were delicious,I would say they were homemade! Well done to all that sail in The Elm Tree!!!
Therealaler - 28 Dec 2011 19:24
First class pub located in the lovely new forest, Good food, some of the best meals I have had since coming to the UK! It caterers for family and coach arrivals and is one of the best in Ringwood. Pity about no Ringwood ales but the Abbots is a close second. Friendly staff and always ready to help customers, Quiz night is cool and occasionally they have a band in.
delapeyre - 26 Jun 2007 13:25
Agree with last post - this IS a place for families and our 5 year old loved her meal. As did the 4 'adults'. Three happy generations! But then I avoid Brewers Fayre and the like if at all possible and prefer something more individual - though at times a play area where little ones can run off steam is welcome!
madras1234 - 13 Apr 2007 12:43
People [the landlords] working towards the right ideal - local food, well cooked, and well priced. What do you mean not a place to bring kids [the last reviewer]!!!! On the contrary this IS a place to bring kids and let them find out about good food and how to behave in adult company without costing an arm and a leg. A bottle of wine and two light luncheon meals for just over 20 is very good value. If you had had beers instead you could take 6 off that!

They have just won an award for local food - well done.
foxyweb - 7 Feb 2007 14:58
I am delighted to find this pub on this site. The beer is fantastic and since it has had new tenants the food is excellent. It features local clubs and charities regularly and has a great pub music quiz!

The charming exterior is not totally matched inside but the the staff are great and whilst I have a narrow taste in wine.. the list was extensive.

I cannot fault the food which is on a par with the Lord Bute in highcliffe... not suprising when you ask about the chefs. Its not suitable for families who like brewers fayre though, It's a gastro pub. I would not take my kids there for a meal but I would take clients or my adult relations anytime. Prices are reasonable, given the fresh local ingredients, but don't expect to eat for a fiver!!

If you visit Ringwood this is a great place to go. (Tip).. ask to taste the real ale.. they gave me 3 tipples to decide!!.... choose one and sit by the real fire!

fatcowboy - 7 Feb 2007 03:45