The Prestoungrange Gothenburg, Prestonpans - pub details

Prestoungrange Gothenburg

Address: 227-229 High Street, Prestonpans, East Lothian, EH32 9BE [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 27964) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Prestonpans (0.8 miles), Longniddry (0.8 miles), Wallyford (1.6 miles)

> Current user rating: 5.8/10 (rated by 12 users)

Lady Susan, Inchview (0.0 miles), Railway Tavern, Prestonpans (0.3 miles), Dasher, Prestonpans (0.9 miles), Tower Inn, Tranent (1.5 miles), Mrs Foremans, Musselburgh (1.6 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Prestoungrange Gothenburg, Prestonpans

After a visit to the Ducks Inn in Aberlady (not listed on here), I tried to visit this place, nicknamed the Goth. It was a pub I was looking forward to visiting. But I arrived too late. The place had closed by 2:55pm on a Tuesday afternoon and the door was locked. A quick call to their telephone number revealed that they wouldn't re-open until midday the following afternoon and they wouldn't consider allowing me in for a swift half. I'll try to visit again some time later in my life and I should really have come here first before the Ducks Inn. But this is not a place you can get a beer in the evening (or even in the afternoon) at this current time. 0/10.
blue_scrumpy - 5 Jan 2017 22:23
Great pub, right on the seafront at Prestonpans. Don't forget to check out the totem pole in the car park before going in. Inside the decor is arty with some nice touches of humour. Look out for the faces of locals in the ceiling decoration and in the mural on the way to the gents. Two home-brewed beers on, Fowler's Porter and Fowler's 80/-. The food is a cut above the usual pub fare and reasonably priced.
Yellerbelly - 2 Dec 2014 15:17
Back again with some friends - the seafodd platter was just great - many thanks. Goth Stout still available and good.
kernott1 - 19 Mar 2014 21:14
Walking the (overated) John Muir Way we passed this intriguing looking pub. Having had a skinful in the City the night before we were slow getting started. As noted in other reviews, they brew their own Porter and had when we visited one other ale on (cannot remember name - but it was red/brown in colour) - both ales were in excellent condition. Food looks good and the place is very well managed with highly unusual/ornate interior - bar is quality.
kernott1 - 24 Oct 2012 20:53
CAMRA National Inventory pub now restored to it's Edwardian glory. Check out the beautiful ceiling. The pub has it's own microbrewery, visible from the bar. With this in mind I was slightly disappointed to find only two ales on tap - one of which was Stewarts 80/-. However, the other beer, the pub's own Gothenburg Porter, was good. I also had a 'Gothenburger' which was delicious.
The pub's booklet claims to 'always have two or three ales' on tap. I asked one of the bar staff about this and she said they were having problems with equipment. I hope this is rectified soon. I liked the pub and would certainly visit again.
holbornboy - 29 Apr 2012 22:13