The Wellington, Strand - pub details

[image 2] [image 3] [image 4] [image 5] [image 6]

Address: 351 The Strand, London, WC2R 0HS [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 269) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube stations Covent Garden (0.2 miles), Temple (0.3 miles), Embankment (0.3 miles)

Nearest train stations London Charing Cross (0.3 miles), London Waterloo East (0.7 miles), London Waterloo (0.7 miles)

Chain: Nicholson's

Cask Marque accreditation

> Current user rating: 5.5/10 (rated by 79 users)
> Related article: Monopoly Board Pub Crawl by mike, dsf
> Local guides: London pub guide, Central London pub guide

Lyceum, Strand (0.0 miles), Hops!, Covent Garden (0.0 miles), B@1 (Be At One), Covent Garden (0.0 miles), Christophers Martini Bar, Covent Garden (0.1 miles), Savoy Tup, Strand (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Wellington, Strand

Popped in The Wellington for first time yesterday. Nice enough pub, bright and airy! Good vantage point to watch London go by! Staff were helpful & attentive. A bottle of NZ wine was 19 quid... but it was extraordinarily good! (and I was assisted with payment..!) :o) Nicholson's ale hit the spot, according to "Laid-back-Ron"! Rosie enjoyed the camaraderie...!! :o) me2
TeeJay - 18 Apr 2013 17:27
Pleasant Nicholsons pub - lots of ales and the full range of food. I think they do a good job in central London and think that you get value for money in all their pubs. Tourist trap? It's central London!
Mothroy - 11 Nov 2012 19:51
Have visited this pub many times over the years and it really is a tourist trap! I suppose with it's position I shouldn't be surprised but Central London still does that to me.

Always a good and varied selection of ales on draught and apart from the price and lack of decent bar staff it's actually not a bad pub.

I did eat here once and the beef and ale pie I had was very good, I think the price was quite high but there was no doubting the quality of the food.

lezford - 18 Sep 2012 13:47
First time I have been to this pub - It's not actually that bad and i was pleasantly surprised by the fixtures and fittings. I had a Guinness which was average but overall I would go back there. Nothing too great about it, nothing too bad - 6/10
Miker1234 - 10 Apr 2012 18:13
OK. This is a Nicholsons pub (M&B) located in West End theatre land, serving a great range of well kept real ales (6 when I visited).

Whilst I can accept 3.50/4.00 a pint because of where it is situated I object to paying 12 for Pie, Mash and Veg, and fairly average portions and quality at that.

Whether that's down to local management or M & B this reeks of rip off Britain and is inexuseable.

Stop exploiting tourists because of your privileged plot and alienating any unsuspecting mug who dared to be hungry in the Strand.
twineyboy - 2 Feb 2012 21:45