The Bridge Bar, Beckenham - pub details

Address: High St, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 1AZ [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 25944) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

> Current user rating: 4.1/10 (rated by 24 users)

user reviews of the Bridge Bar, Beckenham

waste of money, bad bouncers,
tony0054 - 17 Dec 2011 03:08
An establishment which displays potential, but sadly presents its self as a real ostentatious hollow soulless venue. A first hand experiences would be the presentation of the bouncers on the door, unfortunately an unsatisfactory effort on their part. a real feeling is personified towards amateur etiquette regarding intelligence of their cliental, its a real shame for the owner of the establishment, i hope he's aware of the face of his product as its unattractive and seen as a pivotal outline of his business acumen. a franchise is what comes to mind maybe with the mentality of a dive like weather spoons, but the prices don't justify the venture. Honestly i wouldn't recommend a night out here. They have many faults one being a tendency to let too many people in resulting in a cueing system to go down stairs. sound confusing, yes i know, but if you venture down to the dance floor it may get busy. then if you were to take a stroll upstairs you may be made to queue to get back to where you were? not a well managed place, amateur in my opinion, this is the only venue where this has ever been orchestrated in my presence. in the end i waited half an hour to get back to my friends because i needed to use the lavatory. very poor show on the bridge bars attitude towards its customers. its a small venue, dwarfed by many others that don't suffer the same issues, really no excuse, just sloppiness.

Beckenham is a great night out, the beauty of the area is its simple and accessible, however Bridge Bar believes itself to be on a pedestal compared to the other venues, its really not. its just a medico club that thinks it has the assertiveness to dictate its fickle social status.

tony0054 - 17 Dec 2011 03:07
Just a quick update. Another fantastic Friday night upstairs in the Bridge Bar. Same quality music, great crowd and tuned in bar staff. The doorman at the Bridge are amongst the best in the Bromley area. They're not that expensive but I always wake up skint after a good night in here!
pikeyfish - 24 Feb 2011 12:12
I visited the bridgebar on friday 26th november, The interior designing in that place was very fashionable and i had a really good time the atmosphere was fantastic, and a very affordable night out!. I will certainly be returning, I feel the other comments in regards to the bridge bar was a bit harsh and feel the doorman were firm but fair, Do we really want to go out and feel we are in a youth club surrounded but people in trainers and tracksuits??? They do not allow scum bags in there establishment which should not be regarded as a negative, also to the other people with a chip on your shoulder need to find somewhere else to go because it will be much happier place without yourself foetus and go and drink in the weatherspoon pub where you belong, ;) 10 out of 10
jamestitley - 1 Dec 2010 00:52
I did a Friday night in the bridge bar last week. As a seasoned Bromley boy and an olympic standard pisshead I thought I would give you a bit of feedback. We stood outside at about 11pm. When we got to the door the main security fella noticed that one of us had jeans on. He commented that because my mate had a smart jacket and shoes as well as jeans he would let him in. He asked that next time could he wear trousers so save any hassle. What a refreshing and sensible approach compared with a stupid policy such as the door at Bibas. Those idiots refused me entry because I had a 'soft collar', never mind the trousers, shoes and a coat that was worth more than his suit! Anyway I digress. When we got inside we had a look downstairs and it was empty so we went back upstairs. The place started filling up quite quickly with old gits my age (40's) upstairs and the young'uns downstairs. After about an hour it was very busy and the bar staff were coping well. The music was mainly old skool with a bit of club anthem thrown in. The atmosphere was really good and everybody upstairs was having a really good time with no hassle or attitude. I noticed after a while that even the people downstairs started drifting back upstairs as well. The whole night passed off without a hitch upstairs. There was a punch up downstairs but it was quickly dealt with by the security and had no effect on the evening. It was only a fiver to get in and they didn't take the piss with the drink prices either. All in all, a great night out.
pikeyfish - 25 Nov 2010 10:52