Doggetts Coat and Badge, Southwark - pub details

Doggetts Coat and Badge
[image 2] [image 3] [image 4] [image 5] [image 6]

Address: 1, Blackfriars Bridge, London, SE1 9UD [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 2517) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube stations Blackfriars (0.3 miles), Southwark (0.3 miles), Temple (0.5 miles)

Nearest DLR station Bank (0.8 miles)

Nearest train stations Blackfriars (0.2 miles), London Waterloo East (0.4 miles), City Thameslink (0.4 miles)

Chain: Nicholson's

Cask Marque accreditation

> Current user rating: 5.0/10 (rated by 97 users)
> Local guides: London pub guide, South East London pub guide

Stamford's Wine Bar, Southwark (0.1 miles), Mad Hatter Hotel, Southwark (0.1 miles), Founders Arms, Bankside (0.1 miles), Oxo Tower Bar, Southbank (0.1 miles), Hogshead, Southwark (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Doggetts Coat and Badge, Southwark

We had a day out in London and we were looking for a place to eat at lunchtime. We found the Doggett by chance looked at the menu outside and we said this looks reasonable. We decided to go upstairs as we found it was a bit Closter phobic. We found a restaurant area with a magnificent view very spacious and we noticed at the bar they sold cask ales! We were shown to our tables and we order our drinks, when they came we ordered our meals, my colleague ordered a cheese burger and I ordered a special steak & ale pie. Both meals were delicious and they were hot. Lunch time was fairly busy and it was only ran by one staff and he was calm and very professional. I asked him about the company and he explained who were the owner, I was interested because I remember when Nicholson were part of Allied Lyons. I would recommend this watering hole when passing this pub on the south bank. KEEP IT UP!!!!!
Quality_Checker - 23 Oct 2014 17:23
Visited yesterday and as always beers were good. However we decided to try the food, which was a mistake. The hot food was really cold and everything seemed old - stale bread and salad that was a good few days out of date. Complaints were of course just met with a shrug as it was obvious the staff all knew the food they serve is terrible. My advice - it's worth a visit especially if you can get onto one of the upper terraces but just stick to the beers and eat somewhere else.
TameTomato - 5 Aug 2014 15:15
Arranged to meet an old friend and his family here on Sunday(22nd June) afternoon, after finding the pub on this site. I read some reviews one of which was on the money, the others not so, hence this post. (TWG, good review). We arrived just before 12 and found a table outside straight away. Ordered drinks, one pint of beer, one pint of lemonade and half a lager, £5.30! Great value. Friends arrived and more drinks and food ordered. Small calamari, though decent sized serving, was only a fiver, and a 21 day aged steak and chips £15. Now that is not a bad price for anywhere! The ale was good, the food was good and the service more than good. Ok, so they aren't overly friendly, but it was a busy day, middle of London and lots of tourist trade. Efficient,pleasant and got what we ordered. Highly recommend going there for a meal and nice seating. They even do breakfast until 12 on the day we went. Friends from abroad and said food better than some in Paris.
Bigfish22 - 22 Jun 2014 17:42
Decent selection of real ales, but a serious problem with flies inside and out. Also struggled to contain my rage at the absolute ineptitude of the staff, none of whom seemed to speak much of the queens and few seemed to understand which drink was which.
TommyRogers1979 - 29 May 2014 22:46
Huge riverside pub on 3 levels.

Very much an after work place on a weekday, amazing selection of 10 different beers on tap, all from different UK breweries

Out of all of the levels the ground floor bar was the busiest with the restaurant on the floor above, I cannot comment on the food as I didn't see any being served.

A very nice large beer garden.

Decent pub but the beers are the real reason for a visit.

lezford - 7 Jun 2013 14:45