The Rowbarge, Woolhampton - pub details

Address: Station Road, Woolhampton, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 5SH [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 25107) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Midgham (0.1 miles), Aldermaston (1.8 miles), Thatcham (3.1 miles)

> Current user rating: 5.3/10 (rated by 37 users)
> Local guide: Berkshire pub guide

Falmouth Arms, Woolhampton (0.2 miles), Angel, Woolhampton (0.2 miles), Rising Sun, Reading (0.9 miles), Old Mill, Aldermaston (1.1 miles), Hinds Head, Aldermaston (1.3 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Rowbarge, Woolhampton

Very comfortable pub, around 5 well-kept real ales (including offerings from Three Castles Brewery and West Berkshire Brewery), excellent and friendly service, and good food too. If I had any criticism it would be that the ale is on the expensive side, and the refurb and extension work has resulted in fake beams and a rather too extensive interior, I expect designed to maximise seating capacity for dining. A good pub though, and worth going to just for the ales.
Monstermash - 30 Sep 2013 14:48
This is an excellent pub for food, with an imaginative menu that changes daily. I've been three times now and always had an excellent meal and good service even at busy times. It's right by the canal so it's a good place to go for a walk with the family before or after eating.

I don't understand why the rating is so low. OK, so the focus is on food but there are several well kept ales, the bar area is pleasant enough and the garden by the canal will be a great place for a beer in the summer. Drinks prices are about what I'd expect for a dining pub in Berkshire.
casper_g - 7 Apr 2013 10:24
Sounds like the place is back to a better standard, as I remember it being some time back.

It always was a bit pricey though, and this perhaps accounts in part for the rating, but I'm a bit suspicious that there's some rivalry here.
eddybeer - 26 Feb 2013 22:49
Was in the Rowbarge and we had a great time.
I was on the Brindle which was just right in every respect, others with us were on different beers and all were in tip top condition.

Plenty of room to sit and enjoy the inside of the pub.

The food was very good and well served.

All in all a real pleasure to go in for the evening.
Staff brilliant with a really nice attitude and the young lady serving behind the bar greeted us with a huge smile as we walked up to order our drinks.
lot14 - 26 Jul 2012 17:42
The pub is under new management again. I must say, service is now far sharper than it was but despite what the marketing said, the interior of the pub has not changed. There is still not enough drinking area like there was pre-2007.
BUT: drink prices are still a nasty sting; the lowest priced pint is a staggering 3.20.
fender100 - 14 Jun 2012 23:47