The Duke Of Wellington, Wareham - pub details

Duke Of Wellington

Address: 7 East Street, Wareham, Dorset, BH20 4NN [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 24131) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Wareham (0.5 miles), Holton Heath (2.4 miles), Hamworthy (5.2 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.3/10 (rated by 29 users)

Red Lion Hotel, Wareham (0.1 miles), Black Bear Hotel, Wareham (0.1 miles), Antelope Inn, Wareham (0.1 miles), Horse and Groom, Wareham (0.1 miles), Quay, Wareham (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Duke Of Wellington, Wareham

Very good pub. It was the only place I stopped in Wareham as I was unfortunately saddled with the old banger (the car that is not the wife) so could only have the one.

I was really glad we did opt for this place though as Wareham is not short of decent pubs however, I felt we made a ReAlly good choice.

Choice of 6 real ales of which I opted for the local brew from the Purbeck brewery called Fossil Fuel. Pint was in tip top condition and served with a smile. There was also complimentary cheese and nuts on the bar which was a nice touch. We also had a Sunday lunch that couldn't be faulted and was fairly reasonably priced.

Pub is cosy and the walls are adorned with some interesting nautical memoribilia and paintings again with a nautical theme.

I hope I can return at some point without the motor so I can get stuck in to the rest of the ale range.

8/10
BeerGutt - 23 May 2016 19:54
We had visited the two CAMRA approved pubs in the town and then happened across this place on our way to the local Sainsburys, deciding to try it on the way back. A very nice selection of beers on the pumps and a welcoming, happy barmaid. This place should be in the GBG rather than the Quay in my opinion.
littledrummerboy - 19 May 2016 15:33
What an excellent pub! I've been to Wareham many times and can't believe I've only just discovered this place. Superb range of ales, good service and what looked like an excellent menu, though we couldn't stay for lunch. I'll be back next time I'm in the area!
thehonesttruth - 8 Nov 2015 20:48
An excellent little pub - just of the town centre - which offers a good range of beers included some local brews. In fact we stayed for 2 rounds - the Yeovil Glory being exceptionally good! As with The Kings Arms there is plenty of good banter here and a great atmosphere. Very friendly staff and if we didn't have to catch a train I dare say we would have stopped here all afternoon! Don't miss it.
mcroyal - 12 Apr 2014 13:18
Decent beer, but no real cider, just the pressurized keg stuff from Thatcher's and Symonds, which is shameful. Now sources its food locally, so there's been a real improvement. Somehow manages to be welcoming without actually ever being friendly -- quite bizarre.
quarterjack - 18 Feb 2014 23:25