The Magpie and Crown, Brentford - pub details

Magpie and Crown
[image 2] [image 3] [image 4] [image 5] [image 6]

Address: 128 High Street, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 8EW [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 2341) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Brentford (0.4 miles), Syon Lane (0.7 miles), Kew Gardens (1.2 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.2/10 (rated by 149 users)

Six Bells, Brentford (0.0 miles), Weir Bar and Dining Room, Brentford (0.1 miles), O'Briens, Brentford (0.1 miles), Brewery Tap, Brentford (0.1 miles), George and Dragon, Brentford (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Magpie and Crown, Brentford

A shining star in gloomy Brentford. Great choice of real ales always top notch condition.
mim - 28 Nov 2018 22:53
We finished in the Magpie & Crown on Sunday evening. It was my first visit since New Year's Eve, 2015. I'd been in a bit of a state that night. I was slightly more sober on this visit. The place has not changed at all. The interior is basic. The gents toilets stink. But the ale and cider range is still as good as ever. There was Bad Seed Endgame (something topical to do with Brexit perhaps?), Five Points XPA, Reunion Incredible Pale Ale, Downton Mint Chocolypse Stout, White Horse Show Pony IPA & Bingham's Brickworks Bitter. The cider was Broadoak Crimson King. The perry was Purbeck Perfect Pear. In fact, other than the drinks selection, I could have just repeated my review in 2016. Good pub and one I really ought to get to more often.
blue_scrumpy - 13 Nov 2018 20:41
Great pub, friendly and helpful bar staff and great beer. Loses a point for being a bit pongy
SGA - 5 Jan 2016 18:30
The Magpie & Crown was very quiet on my early evening visit yesterday with only one other customer in when I arrived. The pub hasn't changed much though, with a good range of ales and a perry, along with some craft beers and a good selection of bottles. Yesterday they had Thwaites Yule Love It, Belleville Tie Die Rye, Weltons Thou & I, Hardknott Azimuth & Infrared IPA, Marble Pint & Sandford Orchards Pear Shaped. I also tried the Red Willow Heartless Chocolate Stout. I still like this place. But I have to say that I do now prefer the Express Ale & Cider House further up the road near Kew Bridge station, which was where I headed next.
blue_scrumpy - 1 Jan 2016 15:34
I went to the toilet in this pub,and there was a lump of shit in the pan-nasty!
bees4evva - 2 Oct 2014 09:59