The Magpie and Crown, Brentford - pub details

Magpie and Crown
[image 2] [image 3] [image 4] [image 5] [image 6]

Address: 128 High Street, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 8EW [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 2341) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Brentford (0.4 miles), Syon Lane (0.7 miles), Kew Gardens (1.2 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.1/10 (rated by 149 users)
> Local guide: Middlesex pub guide

Six Bells, Brentford (0.0 miles), Weir Bar and Dining Room, Brentford (0.1 miles), O'Briens, Brentford (0.1 miles), Brewery Tap, Brentford (0.1 miles), George and Dragon, Brentford (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Magpie and Crown, Brentford

Great pub, friendly and helpful bar staff and great beer. Loses a point for being a bit pongy
SGA - 5 Jan 2016 18:30
The Magpie & Crown was very quiet on my early evening visit yesterday with only one other customer in when I arrived. The pub hasn't changed much though, with a good range of ales and a perry, along with some craft beers and a good selection of bottles. Yesterday they had Thwaites Yule Love It, Belleville Tie Die Rye, Weltons Thou & I, Hardknott Azimuth & Infrared IPA, Marble Pint & Sandford Orchards Pear Shaped. I also tried the Red Willow Heartless Chocolate Stout. I still like this place. But I have to say that I do now prefer the Express Ale & Cider House further up the road near Kew Bridge station, which was where I headed next.
blue_scrumpy - 1 Jan 2016 15:34
I went to the toilet in this pub,and there was a lump of shit in the pan-nasty!
bees4evva - 2 Oct 2014 09:59
Has been the pub of choice when going to football at Griffin Park. Friday night game this year and the pub was packed but still a great selection of ales and foreign beers. I've tried most of the pubs in Brentford and this one's the best...

TheMortyVicker - 1 Jun 2014 21:24
Decent pub but not as good as billed even amid Brentford FC's 2014 promotion celebrations. The chief problem is a pongy loo that looks beyond help although the ale selection was excellent and the clientele and atmosphere friendly. My partner in crime enjoyed a pint of the wonderfully named 'The Stooge'.
BoehmBawerk - 19 Apr 2014 10:00