The Baltic Fleet, Liverpool - pub details

Baltic Fleet

Address: 33 Wapping, Liverpool, Merseyside, L1 8DQ [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 21807) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Brunswick (0.3 miles), James Street (0.5 miles), Liverpool Central (0.5 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.1/10 (rated by 131 users)
> Local guide: Liverpool pub guide

Black Lodge Brewing, Liverpool (0.2 miles), PanAm, Liverpool (0.2 miles), Babycream, Liverpool (0.2 miles), Smugglers Cove, Liverpool (0.2 miles), Hub Alehouse and Kitchen, Liverpool (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Baltic Fleet, Liverpool

I always enjoy a visit to the Baltic Fleet. But sadly I don''t get here as often as I''d like, as it''s a bit too far from the centre to build into a decent crawl. This was my first visit since February. I know that as I recognise the Six Nations ales that WezzieLad mentions below. Whilst the Wapping brewery has now gone, the ale selection is still decent. Ales were Melwood Derby Stout, Big Bog Quagmire, Liverpool Organic 24 Carat Gold, Neptune Sea Monkeys, Spitting Feathers Session Ale, Robinson''s Dizzy Blonde, Rock The Boat Fab Four & Phoenix West Coast Magic. The solitary cider was Malvern Magic. One of my Liverpool favourites and all the better for not having a TV, especially if you want a quiet drink when there is football showing.
blue_scrumpy - 11 Sep 2017 20:40
Well worth the walk from the city centre. 6 or 7 ales and a cider on yesterday. I had Equinox IPA, a lovely citrus ale.
wirraldrinker - 10 Jun 2017 15:48
A survivor from the wholesale developments along the Strand, this is an unusual wedge-shaped Victorian building. It's been a bit hipsterised inside but I won't hold that against them. An excellent Brimstage Sandpiper light, and in mid-afternoon I found a sunny place to enjoy it.
16jamesdoc - 15 Apr 2017 12:56
Very solid pub. On the bar there was at least 8 handpumps on, many of them themed around the 6 nations- Rose Cross (Scottish '80 shilling' style, brewed in the pub) Scrum dragon ( Welsh bitter style, by Facers brewery), Grand Slam (English style IPA by Liverpool Organic brewery, hopefully they don't jinx it!), Forza (Italian style, by Heavy Industry brewery), Undercurrant (an Irish Style stout from Neptune brewery), the other beer was a dark mild from Phoenix, and I believe the other hand pump was a Cider. It was a nice touch and could really get someone into the rugby. The irony of all of this was that the room we sat in (where the bar was) didn't seem to have a TV (from what I saw at least) to actually watch the games. The bar men were quite friendly and seemed quite passionate about their ale and the people in the pub were also quite friendly. I tried two of the beers- The Scottish style and the English style and both were solid but I preferred the English style. A pint of each with a half pint of one of the wheat beers on tap came to 5.40. Overall a pleasant pub and worth the walk out to.
Wezzielad - 11 Feb 2017 20:03
A short walk from the city centre but that didn't seem to be deterring anyone on my visit last September. The place was pretty busy early Saturday evening. Good selection of ales, and was tempted to stay for two, but had other places to try Would definitely visit again.
RealAleRobUK - 27 Jan 2017 14:48