The Hobgoblin, Staines - pub details

Hobgoblin

Address: [map]

Nearest train stations Staines (0.5 miles), Egham (1.6 miles), Ashford - Middlesex (2.1 miles)

Chain: Hobgoblin
by loz

> Current user rating: 5.9/10 (rated by 70 users)

Phoenix, Staines (0.0 miles), Two Rivers, Staines (0.0 miles), Ha Ha Bar And Canteen, Staines (0.0 miles), Town Hall, Staines (0.0 miles), Boundary, Staines (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of The Hobgoblin, Staines

Now called the London Stone and offering a better selection of ales, I can't say I was impressed with this place. Waited almost 10 minutes to get served, despite two guys ignoring me. They definitely had the ability to dispense beer as I observed them later. When finally served by the overworked barmaid, it took an eternity to pour a half and I ended up with the last half from the box, which wasn't in the best of form. Only one table was remaining without a reserved sign. So I went for that, only to be informed by one of the two lazy barmen that I needed to move as that table (despite not having a notice) was reserved too. I informed him that I'd be delighted to vacate the premises! Poor welcome, poor service. A strange way to treat customers. Ales were Hop Art Hoppist, Windsor & Eton Kohinoor IPA & Hammerpot Australian Pale. The cider was Westons Cider Twist Raspberry.
blue_scrumpy - 18 Apr 2016 18:40
Perhaps not the place to find the glitterati, however a dj and pool table will bring in a more "salt of the earth" type of fellows. Beer was ok and the decor in the Gents is a worthwhile excursion.
MadDog62 - 27 Aug 2013 15:53
Popped into Hobgoblin last night , and they had Binghams Brit Hop Pale Ale, St.Austells Tribute, Wychwood Hobgoblin and Timothy Taylor Landlord on handpump, and barman was knowledgable about beer. There was some loud rock music from the jukebox, and decoration in gents also, err, interesting. Lots of standing room and a pool table, so I'd guess pretty lively on a Saturday night.
spikefromsurrey - 25 Jun 2013 17:25
Popped in for a few last night had a good time and noticed the truly fit barmaids, nice touch!!
TomRandell - 13 Nov 2010 09:23
Good pub this but teh wrong end of the high street for me to stagger home from. Nice atmosphere and good music. The beer and staff are great as well unfortunately I don't want to fight through the gangs of pikeys on my way home of a night so the Hob is a Sunfay afternoon drink for me if I get up to that end of Staines. Like it though, a lot.
vanburkson - 16 Aug 2010 14:30