The George, Staines - pub details

George

Address: 2-8, High St, Staines, Middlesex, TW18 4EE [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 2072) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Staines (0.4 miles), Egham (1.6 miles), Ashford - Middlesex (2.1 miles)

Chain: Wetherspoons

Cask Marque accreditation

by loz

> Current user rating: 4.3/10 (rated by 70 users)

Baroosh, Staines (0.0 miles), Que Pasa, Staines (0.0 miles), Boundary, Staines (0.1 miles), Town Hall, Staines (0.1 miles), Hobgoblin, Staines (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the George, Staines

In a morose kind of way, I almost miss Arsenal Fan...
realalerules1983 - 6 Oct 2016 21:01
After a poor experience in the London Stone, I didn't fair much better in the George. Apparently this branch of Wetherspoons is the only one in the country (to my knowledge) to only accept CAMRA vouchers when there is a festival on! Or was it the fact that the barman didn't know how to work the tills and was too arrogant to seek help. Either way, Wetherspoons need to decide whether they will offer discounts or not. Ales were Greene King Abbot, Ruddles Best, Sharps Doom Bar, Hogsback Tea, Binghams Marynka, Adnams Oyster Stout, Reunion Opening Gambit & Weltons Equinox. Ciders were Old Rosie & The Hogfather. It was busy as usual in here, both upstairs and downstairs. But this really is a pretty average (or lower than average) 'spoons. Yet another complaint to Tim Martin forthcoming.
blue_scrumpy - 18 Apr 2016 18:46
A re-visit to this town centre Wetherspoon’s on a Tuesday night in early February for pre football drinks.

Around 6.15pm when I arrived and the downstairs was pretty busy with only 1 or 2 spare tables. My pals were sat upstairs on their own, the upstairs bar was not open so the only people going up there were using the toilets.

A good choice of ales on the taps, I had a couple of pints of Twickenham’s Summer Down Under @ 3.9% which was very drinkable.

The George is an older style ‘spoons with what seems to be a very loyal clientele, definitely worth a visit especially as the rest of Staines Town Centre is pretty devoid of pubs selling real ale.

lezford - 7 Mar 2016 13:11
I visited this spacious branch of Wetherspoons on Staines High Street on Sat. 12 December 2015. The beer (Adnam's Shingle Shells) and food I had were both good, and the service was fast and friendly.
beermann - 14 Dec 2015 15:11
Visited a couple of times when work has taken me to Staines.

Last time I went was on a Wednesday lunchtime to meet a mate. Upon entering the pub I felt that I had just walked into Gods waiting room. I know most Spoons are a magnet for the wrinkles but this was something else.

Whilst down stairs was heaving with aforementioned, upstairs was fairly empty and quite nice and airy. Possibly because there was no stairlift gritted. My mate had a burger which he said was quite decent. The first time I visited I had an ale which I forget the name but was well kept.

Just a run of the mill spoons really
BeerGutt - 19 Sep 2015 15:21