The Victory Inn, Brighton - pub details

Victory Inn
[image 2] [image 3]

Address: 6 Duke Street, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 1AH [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 20719) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Brighton (0.5 miles), London Road - Brighton (1.1 miles), Hove (1.6 miles)

> Current user rating: 5.7/10 (rated by 37 users)
> Local guide: East Sussex pub guide

Yates's, Brighton (0.0 miles), Molly Malone's, Brighton (0.0 miles), Full Moon, Brighton (0.1 miles), Fiddlers Elbow, Brighton (0.1 miles), Walkabout, Brighton (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Victory Inn, Brighton

4 quid for a pint of a very iffy ale recently. I'll add this to my list of pubs not to go back to. Only thing I could say in its favour is that its dog friendly.
persist_artist - 26 Nov 2014 18:20
Dark; bit grim; has the feel of a big brewery-run pub.

But you can't deny that it reeks of history - lots of characters have passed through these doors and its location means that there'll always be something going on here.

Beer was just fine and there was a decent selection to choose from.
plymouthpirate - 23 Feb 2014 15:29
Went in yesterday and ordered a pint of Pin UP Honey Brown. Claimed my 50p CAMRA discount and went and set down with my beer. The beer was cloudy so I waited for it to setle down, when it didn't I took it back to the bar and asked for it to be changed. Straight away a voice in the corner said it had just been put on and it was fine. He poured himself a small dop, smelt it and said it was fine. It wasn't, I left it on the bar and walked out. VERY POOR BEER and VERY POOR SERVICE. AVOID.
kev9461 - 28 May 2013 08:25
On our first visit to Brighton recently this was the first pub we visited and became our "local" for the rest of our stay. Despite comments in previous posts, we found the bar staff very friendly, and the range of beers excellent and well kept. I got stuck in to the Pin-up Milk Stout and Sarah went for the Citra - both dangerously drinkable. Proper ciders too, and a good menu - the "Famous Fish Finger Sandwich" was delicious and filling, so much so that we had to postpone our planned meal out that evening. The pub is nicely unspoilt, with a panelled public bar and a larger area with more comfy seating. Well worth a visit.
Longitude - 10 Nov 2012 09:28
Lovely pub this one.
Nice guinness and ales for my friend.
In the lanes,so busy,service fair.
Plenty of gaylords,as a previous poster put it.:-)
rainbowian - 3 Oct 2012 10:45