The Plough and Furrow Inn, Smallfield - pub details

Plough and Furrow Inn

Address: Plough Road, Smallfield, Horley, Surrey, RH6 9JN [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 20509) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Horley (2.4 miles), Gatwick Airport (2.6 miles), Salfords (3.4 miles)

> Current user rating: 5.8/10 (rated by 38 users)
> Local guide: Surrey pub guide

Castle, Outwood (1.4 miles), Cherry Tree, Copthorne (1.7 miles), Coppingham, Horley (1.9 miles), Hedgehog Inn, Copthorne (1.9 miles), Jolly Farmer, Horley (1.9 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Plough and Furrow Inn, Smallfield

When is the play area promised when the new owners took over, going up? As business has picked up does this mean the new owners are going back on their word & not installing a play area? We're coming into the summer months soon & it would be nice to see something for our children.
Kennedys - 9 May 2015 17:01
Just been to the Plough & Furrow for the third time since new owners & refurbishment & what a fantastic change. Roast dinner had by 2 adults & 2 children (both under 7 years old) & you couldn't ask for more accommodating staff. Food was plentiful, hot, good selection of vegetables & at a reasonable price. Drinks were served to us at the table & even the bill was brought out to us - we didnt have to stand at the tiil/bar to pay. Good atmosphere & welcoming. Whilst yes its a shame about the play area - its coming back next year when the weather is better. Certainly worth a visit. This is just a personal opinion & certainly not one that I intend to get into a message thread over.
Kennedys - 2 Nov 2014 13:56
Andy1984: I agree with you about the previous management. They were so hospitable, friendly and welcoming, as were the other employees. The mood in the pub now seems somewhat flat and uninviting.
I see that lindawedlock123's comments re. stuart_t / Mark Jones have gone unanswered? Something too hide maybe Mark??!!!
As this site requests reviews I shall give mine. The removal of previous management in my opinion is a mistake. The mood feels tense, quiet and subdued in the pub now as opposed to the previous upbeat atmosphere when the pub was reopened. The new landlord and landlady are trying to hard to please which comes across as false. The owner 'stuart_t aka Mark Jones appears cowardice in his failure to respond to accusations that he has falsified reviews.
Give the place a miss and head into Horley.
redman5099 - 25 Oct 2014 00:25
Give the place a miss and head into Horley.
redman5099 - 24 Oct 2014 21:59
Being local and on occasion drink and eat in the plough, , the new decor is lovely much brighter than before. The new landlord and land lady kylie ans Lori were nothing but friendly and polite and always mad you feel welcome. But it's seems that they have been removed and replaced with don't get me wrong a friendly chap but it doesn't feel as welcoming as before. I do appreciate changes but to say in one breath high chairs and pushchairs are not welcome in this pub and to remove the playground, and reading the new review which says you will be replacing the playground next year seems to me like contradiction. The food started of really well but I'm not sure if there has been a recent change in the kitchen but the food has gone down hill and I won't be returning anytime soon.
Andy1984 - 24 Oct 2014 08:21