The Weir Bar and Dining Room, Brentford - pub details

Previously called: the White Horse

Weir Bar and Dining Room

Address: 24 Market Place, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 8EQ [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 1949) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Brentford (0.3 miles), Syon Lane (0.7 miles), Kew Gardens (1.2 miles)

> Current user rating: 4.6/10 (rated by 67 users)

Six Bells, Brentford (0.1 miles), Magpie and Crown, Brentford (0.1 miles), Beehive, Brentford (0.1 miles), Brewery Tap, Brentford (0.2 miles), O'Briens, Brentford (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Weir Bar and Dining Room, Brentford

Well it's alright innit - I mean they have carpets and that, but this site is called 'BEER in the evening'.com not 'sitting down with my embarrassing yuppie boyfriend and braying loudly like an excited donkey over a bottle of supermarket grade piny gringo while another little piece of old Brentford dies'.com. There are some beers and the Belgian selection tasted fine to me, but the priority here is expensive pretentious cookery served on stripped pine furniture and wolfed down on the trendy huge plates by the whole Guardian reading goatee wearing sandal and shorts brigade. Nothing against them personally, even if they do push those enormous child buggies all the way down Chiswick High Road, mowing people down in their search for a pavement cafe where their insipid progeny can enjoy a skinny decaff soy milk latte frappucino and a trip to Baby Gap. No really nothing against them, them and their towering canal side homes each worth the price of a small hospital ward, polluting the view like a row of medieval castles. Absolutely nothing. It's just that I like beer and in the Weir, for all its cosy walled garden and views over the canal, isn't about friendly welcomes, amusing locals and decent pints of fine froth British beer. It's about those people and their baggy shorts and their thick black glasses and their spiky hair chatting on their phones. Nothing against them though as I mentioned before.
agnes_guano - 20 Feb 2008 14:16
great pub
jeweller.john - 4 Nov 2007 16:28
I start a new job in a office in Brentford and found this place ,informed by a colleague who is going there quite often.
Food was absolutely delicious and above all fresh.
I will definitely go back during my lunch break.
anonymous - 19 Jan 2007 14:22

was my first visit at the weir..i was looking for somewhere nice and relaxing in the brentford area...and there it was!!on my doorstep(just moved in the area with my boyfriend)the atmosphere was warm and friendly ...we had a lovely bottle of italian wine (pinot bianco) which was recommended by our waiter.i love my wines and i have to say the weir offers a wonderful variety from all over the world.food was great ..really tasty..we had had such a great time ,and we will tell all our friends.
alice73 - 19 Jan 2007 13:40
I'm new to the area and have tried this place 3 times. On my last visit I couldn't drink my pint of Pride as it didn't taste right and the bar staff said 'so?'. It didn't help that it had been through a cooler, I suppose. On the same night one of the friends was drinking lager and also said it tasted bad - it isn't often you hear that! Finally, while I think that the area is lacking in choice when it comes to food I wonder if they really expect people to pay these kind of prices for any length of time.
paxo - 15 Nov 2006 21:04