Three Horseshoes, Elsted - pub details

Three Horseshoes
[image 2] [image 3] [image 4] [image 5] [image 6]

Address: Elsted, Midhurst, West Sussex, GU29 0JY [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 18567) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

> Current user rating: 6.8/10 (rated by 18 users)

Elsted Inn, Elsted (1.2 miles), Ship Inn, South Harting (1.9 miles), White Hart, South Harting (1.9 miles)

user reviews of Three Horseshoes, Elsted

Criticisms of this pub seem to come from those deigning to patronise it on a sunny Summer weekend and feeling offended that locals who open their wallets every day in the bar receive preferential treatment. Go figure. As an occasional visitor, I enjoy the fact that this remains a real pub, serving good ale (nice pint of Bowmans today) and good food, at a price which the market in this well-heeled corner of Sussex will clearly bear. The view from the garden is worth the premium and if the service behind the bar is sometimes, shall we say, brisk bordering on brusque I for one won't let it spoil my day.
priestleysj - 29 Jun 2014 16:42
This is a summer-time pub: manicured lawns with an abundance of trestle bench tables; multi-coloured flower beds, and views downhill towards the distant South Downs. But rather small inside at winter-time. A separate 'His' and 'Hers' pair of loos outside like a couple of sentry boxes. I called at about 1000 on 6 August to seek permission to leave my car in the car park which was willingly given. Returned after a lengthy walk about 1400 and was rewarded with a pint glass, a bottle of non-alcoholic beer topped up with lemonade. Perfect on a hot summer's day for someone who has to drive. Food, which I'd tried on a previous occasion, is 'up-market' and expensive but if the clientele are prepared to pay, so what!
snosnikrap - 21 Aug 2013 15:32
Disappointed. Firstly, no average Pino Grigio is worth 15.00 a bottle. Secondly, the meat in my cottage pie was flavoured with cinammon. Neither was a pleasant experience.
brightonboy3449 - 25 Sep 2012 07:33
This is a great country pub, simply furnished, rustic feel; the garden and the views are to die for. But the welcome........, well I cant remember the last time I had such a frosty reception anywhere, I can only put it down to the fact we had our 6 year old grand-daughter with us, who was very well behaved, but they obviously just dont like kids here. Shame really, spoilt the experience, especially as we had just spent a week in the New Forest in which we must have visited a dozen pubs with my granddaughter in tow, and great welcomes everywhere....
happy_wanderer - 10 Sep 2012 15:03
Closed on Saturday afternoons when the weather is fine? Financial suicide. After a 12 mile walk across the South Downs, we were looking forward to a beer. Instead, we continued to South Harting instead...
pkrp - 4 Sep 2012 22:04