The Gordon Arms, Portswood - pub details

Gordon Arms

Address: 113, Portswood Rd, Portswood, Southampton, Hampshire, SO17 2FU [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 18324) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations St Denys (0.3 miles), Bitterne (0.9 miles), Southampton Central (1.4 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.4/10 (rated by 10 users)

Richmond Inn, Portswood (0.1 miles), Varsity, Portswood (0.1 miles), Bookshop Alehouse, Southampton (0.2 miles), Bent Brief, Southampton (0.2 miles), Mitre, Portswood (0.3 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Gordon Arms, Portswood

I like this place. Cool, relaxed, and a little bit quirky. It's like a traditional pub, with four cask beers, but it also serves Indian meals. They call them Indian tapas, but it's not really tapas, it's proper Indian food. Come here for the pub. Come here for the Indian food. Come here for both. Well liked by the local student population.
SilkTork - 22 Jan 2017 22:15
Slightly pricey pub, but that is probably the only criticism I could make of it. Clean, smart old pub, with just enough charachter, ales aren't anything out of the ordinary (Doom Bar, Bath Gem etc), but quality was fine. Good luck finding the Gents!
Beer_in_the_morning - 31 Dec 2012 10:56
What a nice change....a pub with great beers and friendly staff. I only popped in to use the toilet (it did take me 5 minutes to find them...A MUST see door!) and ended up staying for 3 hours. I went back with my wife 2 days later and the standards were excellant! It makes a nice change to be served by the boss and he took time out to tell us everything we needed to know about the events and offers the pub had to offer. We haven't tried the food yet but every plate coming out the kitchen looking packed and nicely presented. Good all-round job! I live 6 miles away but it's well worth the taxi fare!!
rpd1974 - 18 Aug 2008 16:57
Pleasant enough, very clean with nice staff who look at you when you order and say thank you - certainly will return
anonymous - 18 Apr 2007 12:35
Good pub. Spent a quality afternoon in there recently. Will become a regular.
Harold_Shanksby - 15 Aug 2006 15:49