The Green Man, Harborne - pub details

Green Man
[image 2] [image 3]

Address: 2, High St, Harborne, Birmingham, West Midlands, B17 9NE [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 17354) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations University (0.8 miles), Selly Oak (1.4 miles), Five Ways (1.6 miles)

Cask Marque accreditation

> Current user rating: 5.8/10 (rated by 22 users)
> Local guide: West Midlands pub guide

Plough, Harborne (0.1 miles), Sportsman Inn, Harborne (0.1 miles), White Horse, Harborne (0.1 miles), Arco Lounge, Harborne (0.2 miles), Harborne Stores, Harborne (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Green Man, Harborne

I believe this is an Ember Inn at the moment. Large pub and pleasant modern décor.

There was a bank of 8 hand pumps with a further bank of 3 (the ales on these 3 duplicated from the main bank).

I went for a pint of Seafarers by George Gale, 3.6% and setting me back £3.20 which seems fairly reasonable. Settled clear, very yellow like a lager in colour. Other ales I noticed were Purity Ubu, Rev James Gold and Brakspear Bitter - I can't remember the rest.

A really pleasant pub, liked the music in here, good selection of ales, would happily visit again.

One thing I did notice once I had nearly finished my pint was a sign at the bar offering the option of a straight or dimpled glass. May have been nice to have been given this choice when I ordered my drink, but no big deal.
RealAleRobUK - 23 Jul 2015 18:33
Now a Freehouse so worth a try. Staff are pretty friendly as well.
andyaston - 5 Aug 2013 21:31
Went back recently to see if it had improved. It hadn't, but fortunately as the other pubs in Harborne continue to improve, there's no need to return anytime soon. I'm suspicious of the effusive praise from "conniseur" below, particularly as that was their only review.
daveinbrum - 12 Oct 2011 21:33
A good selection of beers is available in this family-style pub at the end of the High Street. However, other factors let it down. Wyre Piddle Summerfall, M & B Brew XI, Purity Ubu and Timothy Taylor Golden Best were all available. Sadly the Westons Vintage Organic cider was off. There is plenty of seating for the keen diners. Soft music plays. The pub is decorated in a modern style but has a bit of a hotch potch of designs and different furniture. Particularly annoying was the accumulation of glasses and plates on nearly all of the tables. A few more staff to help the solitary barman and to clear the tables could improve the place.
blue_scrumpy - 6 Oct 2010 09:15
WOW!! I came to this pub with some family and friends. A vast improvement from the last time I visited, the bar staff were friendly and went out of their way to look after us. The cleanliness off the pub had much improved!! No nasty smell from the toilets like before. The best thing for me was that they had a good selection of beer on, Timothy Taylors was my choice, this was excellently kept, no surprise they have just gained their cask marque award. Can't wait to go back! If you haven't visited for a while, I would. Best Pub in Harbourne!!!
conniseur - 27 Jan 2010 14:10