The Gunmakers Arms, Birmingham - pub details

Address: 92, Bath St, Birmingham, West Midlands, B4 6HG [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 17239) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Birmingham Snow Hill (0.3 miles), Birmingham Moor Street (0.6 miles), Birmingham New Street (0.7 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.5/10 (rated by 13 users)

Bull, Birmingham (0.1 miles), Turks Head, Birmingham (0.2 miles), Bar Opus, Birmingham (0.2 miles), Fibber Mcgees, Birmingham (0.2 miles), Wolf, Birmingham (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Gunmakers Arms, Birmingham

Pleasant tap of the Two Towers Brewery offering a friendly welcome and relaxed atmosphere. Tried three of the ales: Birmingham Mild was the best to my palate. Worth a visit. 8/10.
wobblybob - 12 Sep 2017 21:18
Basic pub with not a lot going for it other than the fact that it is the taphouse for Two Towers Brewery so I was at last able to have a pint of "Bhacker Ackhams" as well as "Complete Muppetry". As one might expect when the beers are brewed on the premises, they were in good condition - but neither pint was that distinctive in taste. The lack of customers made me worry about the future of this place though.
paul_d102 - 22 Jan 2017 19:14
It may have got off to a slow start.
Beer goes down well, the staff enjoy serving a Birmingham made beer and I see people drinking beer who at one time would only drink the larger..

I recommend you visit and judge for your self.

Nick S Phillips 🏃.
Nickphillips - 22 Mar 2016 22:43
Oh an extra point for losing the apostrophe I erroneously included in my previous post.
ILooklikeme - 3 Jan 2016 12:12
Now operating as a Two Towers outlet in much the same way as the ill fated Brown Lion over the road in the Jewellery Quarter. Smart, comfortable, discreetly lit but rather minimalistic. All five pumps had Two Towers product, not my favourite brews I have to admit, but I gather guest beers do show up. Prices are good by edge of city standards, and I think I spied a couple of table football machines resting at the rear of the pub. One feels the Gunmaker's will have to so some creative thinking to attract regular punters to this somewhat obscure location, or find a stronger identity for itself especially as its immediate competition is provided by the well established The Bull, just a minute's walk around the corner. Still a resurgent, traditional pub representing a local brewery is always encouraging and I hope it is supported. It's early days for the Gunmaker's but at the moment it's a safe 6/10.
ILooklikeme - 3 Jan 2016 12:09