The Chesham Arms, Homerton - pub details

Chesham Arms

Address: 5 Mehetabel Rd, Hackney, London, E9 6DU [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 16902) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube stations Hackney Central (0.2 miles), Homerton (0.3 miles)

Nearest train stations Homerton (0.4 miles), Hackney Downs (0.5 miles), London Fields (0.6 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.6/10 (rated by 22 users)
> Local guides: London pub guide, East London pub guide

Globe on Morning Lane, Hackney (0.1 miles), Duke of Wellington, Hackney (0.1 miles), Wishing Well, Hackney (0.2 miles), Railway Tavern, Hackney (0.2 miles), Cock Tavern, Hackney (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Chesham Arms, Homerton

Great to see this pub saved from the developers ;-)

Nice location....Beer is good....Garden is lovely....Let down by its interior. Very dark (purple) walls making a small pub feel even smaller. Furniture/fittings - a mismash of styles. Could have been much nicer inside.
Disley - 3 Jul 2015 00:36
Good news - after being shut for 2 years, pub is reopening next month

Apparently, the landlord has a 15 year lease
trev_e11 - 26 May 2015 14:36
Now a boarded-off building site. I can only speculate on what the future holds but of 3/11/2012 you surely can't get a drink here.
rabdes - 3 Nov 2012 22:20
My girlfriend's just moved to the area, so we went for a wander to find her a local. We had a quick drink in here to test it out.

Plasma screens showing football. It wasn't Premier League, but flags and photos suggest this is an Arsenal-leaning pub. Clientele and barman seemed nice. Middle-aged men playing pool; younger crowd of men and women came in as we were there. Other than that quiet for a Sunday.

There was only one ale on, so we both had that. I forget the name, but it tasted good.

I won't rate this pub yet, but it's definitely worth another visit.
badbeard - 29 Aug 2011 11:53
I had high hopes for this place. I do like backstreet locals and I liked the exterior and the interior. Staff were fine, but the beer 'Reservoir Dogs' was not great. And there were no nice alternatives to the standard smiths/strongbow/fosters. I suspect if I went back at a busier time and got a better pint I would give it 9 but just a 6 for this visit.
dry_riser_inlet - 13 Apr 2011 14:20