The Dog and Partridge, Preston - pub details

Dog and Partridge

Address: 44 Friargate, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 2AT [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 14512) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Preston (0.4 miles), Lostock Hall (3 miles), Bamber Bridge (3.2 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.2/10 (rated by 28 users)
> Local guide: Lancashire pub guide

Old Black Bull, Preston (0.0 miles), Roper Hall, Preston (0.0 miles), Sun Hotel, Preston (0.0 miles), New Britannia, Preston (0.0 miles), O'Neills, Preston (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Dog and Partridge, Preston

Less than a minute walk from the Black Bull and you're at the music orientated Dog and Partridge. It’s had an extensive make over and has only been re-opened since June 2015.

Pretty busy when I enter with Black Sabbath pounding out of the speakers, it's so loud everyone is shouting to each other.

There are 5 ales on the hand pumps with 2 from Moorhouse’s which were Black Witch & Pride of Pendel & 2 from Marston's / Hobgoblin...I ignore all 4 of these and go for a pint of Joseph Holt Bitter @ 4.0%, it was shocking and barely drinkable. I know this pub makes the GBG for it's ale but the pint I had was not up to scratch.

Decent interior with plenty of seating areas and a very nice marble bar top but the music was just to loud for me. I won't score the pub down but I am disappointed in the quality of my pint.
lezford - 1 Sep 2015 13:26
Well-worn but friendly pub with cheerful barmaid and decent choice of ales. I was thinking of drinking Weetwood Cheshire Cat but then noticed Holt's Bitter and not having drunk this for some time I chose than instead. It was fine, whilst at £3.10 it was the dearest pint I had in Preston yesterday.

I was impressed when an obviously well-known customer entered clearly the worse for wear and, whilst treated very nicely, was refused further alcohol and then politely but firmly escorted outside by another customer. This pub is clearly run as it should be.
Stamfordian - 18 Mar 2015 14:23
Love this place, always very friendly, and normally two guest cask ales on plus a couple of regulars. Cheap food at lunch time, and actually very child friendly in the day too. Oh, and not forgetting the decent beer garden in the back and the very good juke box. Toilets could do with being freshened up a bit but other than that this is pretty much perfect.
delacroix - 2 May 2014 13:22
Always worth a visit. The Tetley Dark Mild was in fine form. 9/10.
wobblybob - 21 Apr 2014 23:05
Great atmosphere, friendly staff. Very busy on the Friday evening I called in. Good choice of well kept beers. Well worth a visit!
reverenddavid - 25 Sep 2012 18:39