The Windsor Castle, Carshalton - pub details

Windsor Castle
[image 2] [image 3]

Address: 378 Carshalton Road, Carshalton, Surrey, SM5 3PT [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 1317) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Carshalton Beeches (0.4 miles), Carshalton (0.6 miles), Wallington (0.9 miles)

> Current user rating: 5.9/10 (rated by 59 users)

Greyhound, Carshalton (0.3 miles), Racehorse, Carshalton (0.3 miles), Hope, Carshalton (0.3 miles), Woodman, Carshalton (0.4 miles), Coach and Horses, Carshalton (0.4 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Windsor Castle, Carshalton

Came in early Friday on way to the Hope.
Best quality ale I have had for a long time.
Will be back again soon
pwilkins - 18 Aug 2014 13:59
Called in and discovered a beer festival going on.There's a stroke of luck we thought. The beers were from the barrel and mainly local micro breweries. Can't remember much apart from the big friendly boxer dog in the garden. Food available and more beers inside. I tried the Longman Best Bitter and enjoyed it.Another good pub on our Carshalton visit

drinkingdad - 7 May 2014 22:24
After leaving the local football ground I brought my band of pub "tickers" to the last of the 3 in the area that are currently in the GBG.

We arrived at The Windsor Castle just after 9.50pm and the pub quiz was in full flow. Not noticing we had entered the pub full of quizzers we proceeded to speak at the bar amongst our selves until I realized we were being glared at and we hushed our tones.

Now this review goes from the good to the utterly bizarre.

The good was the ales on tap. 3 in total with my 2 pints of Growler's Hound Dog @ 4.2 being extremely good and the best beers of the evening.

Once the quiz ended the pub was pleasant, apart from the quizzers & us 4 this was the clientele for the evening.

The utterly bizarre refers to the young Boxer dog that came around the pub after the quiz had ended. Having sniffed various people and places for a minute of so, the dog proceeded to squat and take a sh*t on the wooden floor close to where we were sitting and outside the gents toilet! The young lad behind the bar leaned over the bar and sort of told the dog off. It was then at least a few more minutes before another bar man appeared with gloves on & picked the sh*t up...by this time the sh*t had started to smell and was most off putting while trying to drink our beers. Then he went into the gents toilet and I presume dumped the sh*t down the lav...lastly he took a large can of air spray and sprayed the area...not wiping the floor..leaving the air with another bad smell.

What a bizarre turn of events that marred my visit to this pub....unsure if I'll ever return based on these events.

If you do visit watch out for the Boxer dog and pay attention if he stops and squats!!

lezford - 27 Feb 2014 11:07
Met up at the Windsor Castle pub with some friends I hadn't seen for a while on Sunday, couldn't have chosen a friendlier place, and a proper pub! Great selection of ales for the beardies amongst us and decently kept lagers.

Our lunch was great, good portions and well cooked. We bought a couple of well priced bottles of wine.

Pleasant atmosphere for the whole day and I'll definitely be returning soon. Nice to find a pub that's welcoming and authentic.
SomethingWonderful - 3 Feb 2014 19:08
Absolutely disgusting meal and service. 5 out of 7 sent our food back (the grannies liked their roast, so that was good), but waited so long in the first place for food there was no point waiting again. Burnt, over cooked and elements of the described meal missing. Staff's response was "oh". No apologies, no nothing. And the owner (not naming names, but I'm sure the locals of Carshalton know who she is) then had the cheek to disagree with mum and dad that their steak wasn't over done! Ever heard of customer service? Never again, don't know why I expected a decent meal; you go to a complete poop whole, you're not going to get nice food are you?
Smw85 - 1 Dec 2013 17:41