Ring 'O' Bells, West Kirby - pub details

Ring 'O' Bells

Address: Village Road, West Kirby, Merseyside, CH48 7HE [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 12878) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations West Kirby (0.7 miles), Manor Road (2 miles), Hoylake (2.5 miles)

Cask Marque accreditation

> Current user rating: 6.0/10 (rated by 8 users)

Moby Dick, West Kirby (0.1 miles), Hilbre Court, West Kirby (0.4 miles), Hilltop, Wirral (0.5 miles), Dee Hotel, West Kirkby (0.5 miles), Paloma, West Kirby (0.5 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Ring 'O' Bells, West Kirby

Took us a while to visit this place for the first time, but now we have we'll be back a few more times methinks. It's a very smart looking place on three levels with plenty of seating. There is also a large garden. Food seems a big thing, and a lot of folk on our visit were eating the usual pub meals.

But the beer is very good and from the Green King range, though they do have a bespoke bitter on brewed for the pub. The IPA dispenser has the 'switch' which enables your pint to be poured in the 'southern' or 'northern' tradition - that is with the creamy head or not. As a northerner who spent too long in the south, I like my ale served in the southern style now and so this is a good thing.

Well worth a visit.
barlick - 20 May 2013 14:24
Only two minutes from the Moby Dick so worth a visit. Family friendly, relaxing and a little peculiar, which is not a bad thing in a pub. It has plenty of cask and other beers to satisfy all tastes. Exellent toilets. Seems to be a popular eatery. My three pints went down too quickly, that's my only complaint.
shouldersarms - 13 May 2011 16:17
This has now reverted back from Lock Fyne to Ring o'Bells - Happy Days. From the minute you walk through the door to the time you leave the staff are fantastic. The menu is varied and reasonably priced, the food great. Fab choice of cask ales particularly the 'Abbott'. Will definitely be back again.
ripper - 30 Oct 2010 19:43
I went to this pub as I was celebrating my birthday. I had been to Loch Fyne and the food was excellent. NOT THE CASE ANYMORE. It was atrocious. I ordered fish soup - clearly watered down, the mains were not up to weatherspoons standards. I paid 9.00 for a lousy fish pie with no garnish and around 10.00 for scampi and chips. I thought I was in for a treat as I had with loch fyne but instead I got oven chips, deep fried scampi and about ten peas. the laughable thing was it was served in a big pretentious over sized plate! DONT GO ITS A TOTAL RIP OFF! WHEN I EXPRESSED MY DISAPOINTMENT THE MANAGER LET THE YOUNG WAITER DEAL WITH IT - NO SIGN OF HIM. UTTER RUBBISH SAVE YOUR MONEY AND GO TO THE CHIPY!
heswallsue - 5 Aug 2010 22:32
Just heard that this pub has now changed to "Loch Fyne at the Ring O'Bells" and popped my head around the door whilst in the area to verify this. It has changed and has been done out very nicely. I would even consider going for a meal here, sometime soon, especially with seafood tapas on the menu.
I thought it only fair to mention this after my last (negative) review as it has obviously changed for the better. However, sadly, this is now very definitly more of a restaurant and not a pub any longer.
Wirral_RealAlians - 31 Aug 2009 19:35