Kings Arms, St Just - pub details

Address: 5 Market Square, St Just, Cornwall, TR19 7HF [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 12825) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Brewery: St. Austell Brewery Co.

> Current user rating: 6.9/10 (rated by 14 users)

Commercial Hotel, St Just (0.0 miles), Miners Arms, Penzance (0.1 miles), Star Inn, St Just (0.1 miles), Wellington Hotel, St Just (0.1 miles), Queens Arms, St Just (0.9 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Kings Arms, St Just

Lovely old pub in St Just, just a couple of doors up from the church in the main square. It's a St Austell house. So ale choice was limited to Tribute, Proper Job & Cornish Best. I opted for the latter and wished I hadn't. No reflection on the beer. It's just my thing. There are a number of different sections. Diners appear to use the area at the rear. Quite dark inside. But lots of character, with plenty on the walls to keep you occupied.
blue_scrumpy - 3 Sep 2018 19:05
Quaint old pub in St Just that is well worth a visit. Superb food and a very warm welcome. My husband worked in India and Goa for many months and grew to become quite a curry addict, even making his own. Last week we visited the Kings Arms and he ordered the Goan fish curry, proclaiming it to be as good as any he has eaten in Goa and very authentic in flavour. A rare thing in a pub curry! My steak was well cooked and so tender it could almost be cut with a fork. I asked for no salad on the plate as I have an allergy to some of its components and I was immediately asked if I would like mushrooms instead. The landlady who was cooking that day actually came out of the kitchen and asked me if I would like her to make a special sauce for the mushrooms. Now that IS service. Fabulous food, amazing service and all washed down with real ale. What more could you ask?
TheCheesemaker - 7 Aug 2013 15:00
Cosy pub on the main square. Friendly, welcoming staff and really good, imaginative food. Two ales (Tribute and Proper Job) were both excellent. Well worth a visit.
Mothroy - 23 May 2013 18:50
Wonderful, traditional pub with a really friendly, welcoming atmosphere. Only had St Austell Tribute ( a little lacklustre) and Proper Job (lovely!) when we were there but the food was exceptional. We had the Sunday Roast in there and the portions were absolutely enormous - to the point where I felt really guilty about the amount of vegetables we had to leave. No fewer than 6 different ones in 2 separate dishes between 3 of us. We were back later in the week for the 'normal' lunch menu and that was all beautifully cooked and presented as well. The landlord / landlady were very friendly and welcoming and there is a lovely old pub dog - a Corgi/Rottweiler cross (ouch - that must have hurt !!). A pub that deserves to do well, especially as it's a up against a fair amount of local competition for such a small town.
Cover_Point - 30 Oct 2012 10:31
We went to this pub one evening to savour the lovely relaxed atmosphere in the Market Square in St Just. Catching the bus from Botallack so we could have a good drink.
We were not disappointed as the beer was very good and a good selection to choose from too.
There was a large party in the same room enjoying a meal and the food looked and smelt wonderful.
We had already eaten that evening but decided to return one afternoon.
On first entry to the pub there was noise at the back but no one to be seen. We were waiting for about 10 minutes and some Germans came in trying to get served.
Eventually, someone came to the bar and served drinks. We had the most gorgeous burger with melted cheese and chips and salad. I would recommend this pub for food and drink and while you are there, take a look around it is a fascinating place.
Don't forget this is Cornwall so there is no hustle and bustle just a nice cosy atmosphere.
Orlaplayer - 26 Sep 2012 21:50