The Crown Inn, Stockport - pub details

Crown Inn
[image 2] [image 3] [image 4]

Address: 154 Heaton Lane, Stockport, Cheshire, SK4 1AR [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 12337) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Stockport (0.3 miles), Heaton Chapel (1.4 miles), Davenport (1.5 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.3/10 (rated by 144 users)

Pineapple, Stockport (0.0 miles), George Hotel, Stockport (0.1 miles), Midland, Heaton Norris (0.2 miles), Magnet, Stockport (0.2 miles), Spinning Top, Stockport (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Crown Inn, Stockport

If Carlsberg did proper pubs and didnt brew crap lager ...........

Great pub, great ale, great, great, great.

Just seen a TripAdvisor review saying the place was slowly going downhill. Just found the person with the bolt in their head Martinsh
twineyboy - 15 Mar 2015 18:09
Stockport’s most famous pub, and justly so. Just before I arrived I received a text from a friend saying how wonderful it had been when he went 36 years ago ! Then it was a Boddingtons pub, but now it is a free house with 16 beers on tap.

These are immediately on your right as you enter the pub and, handily, are arranged by type. [ i.e. all bitters together, all dark beers together etc ] I started off with the Stockport brewery Stock Porter, which was OK but didn’t really grab my attention. I followed this with the Kingstone Premium Stout which was much mire to my liking.

You can choose to sit in front of the bar, and there is another (small) room to the left, but I chose to sit in the back room. A bit dingy, but wonderfully atmospheric. Walls covered in all sorts of prints and old posters and photographs. Perhaps my favourite was one showing old brewery trucks, including one that was basically an enormous bottle !

Oh, I somehow seem to have forgotten to mention the viaduct outside – it’s enormous !

9/10 – if you don’t like this place, you must have a steel bolt through your head !

Martinsh - 8 Feb 2015 19:06
This is a cracking pub with 13 hand pulls along a small bar with 2 T bars for the other stuff.
2 were not in use but the other 11 were all for ale listed on a board above the bar.
What a great choice they even had something called Briggs Light @ 2.7% for
the lighweights of this world like MillHouse.
I had a very nice pint of Magic Rock Ringmaster for £2.70 served by a very nice young lady.
I was just about to leave when I noticed it was tipping down outside.
O dear I will have to stay and have another pint.
bjbrummiejohn - 4 Aug 2014 08:18
A decent traditional pub with 12 casks. Worth the walk from Stockport station.
alexw - 25 Jul 2014 22:58
I moved out of the area several years ago, and this pub is the main reason I return to Stockport so frequently. In my experience, one of the very best pubs anywhere.
Blokfluit - 14 Feb 2014 17:10