The Lodmoor, Weymouth - pub details

Address: Green Hill, Weymouth, Dorset, DT4 7SX [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 11817) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Weymouth (0.8 miles), Upwey (2.1 miles)

Chain: Brewers Fayre

> Current user rating: 4.3/10 (rated by 18 users)

Royal Oak, Weymouth (0.4 miles), Weatherbury, Weymouth (0.5 miles), Park, Weymouth (0.5 miles), Waterloo, Weymouth (0.5 miles), Brownlow, Weymouth (0.7 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Lodmoor, Weymouth

Appalling service and no real ale. Avoid at all costs. Food was also substandard.
andym1300 - 22 Oct 2012 16:52
typical multi chain pub, no real ale no service and way way overpriced

avoid at all cost
jeffisgame - 29 Jul 2012 10:57
As a resident of Weymouth not having been to this pub before my wife and I took our daughter ,son in law and two grandchildren for a meal . We arrived after 6.30 when 2 meals for 1 offers stop so payed full price . The starters were very good but then it slowly went wrong . My son in laws mixed grill my daughters steak fillet very good as were the meals for the grandchildren but the rump steaks ordered by my wife and I were miniscule and like shoe leather , mine arrived minus any mushrooms so had to call waitress who had face like smacked **** and was unhelpfull . We found a different waitress Danielle by name who was wonderfull and corrected it . Sweets were fine but coffee unfit for human consumption . All together overpriced for what is served and would not recommend even to rspca inmates . Left good tip for waitress as only really good thing in pub .
Pub seems to be set up for visitors who rarely return so not worried about recommendation .
leowolf - 27 Aug 2010 23:46
Gets very busy in the summer months, typically an hours wait for a table, therefore booking advisable. Pub is part of a "chain" and menu very "chainy". Food very good and average priced. Ideal weekend getaway with Travel Inn next door and pebble beach across the road.
Debbies_Star - 29 Aug 2008 15:57
I have stayed at the Travel Inn next door twice now.
We have breakfast every day at The Lodmoor and eat alot of our other meals there too.
I find their food to be tasty and well presented and unless you go in during their very busy periods (yes they DO have them) then you get your food in a nice timely fashion.
I just love their food...end of!!!
The staff are, for the most part, friendly.
Nick, with the pierced cheeks and weird ear piercings is really friendly, he doesnt seem it at first but he is.
So all in all I would have to disagree with the people that decry the Lodmoor...its lovely!
stephieack - 2 Mar 2008 17:40