Compleat Angler, Norwich - pub details

Address: Prince Of Wales Road, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 1NS [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 10880) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Norwich (0.1 miles), Salhouse (5 miles), Brundall Gardens (5.1 miles)

Cask Marque accreditation

> Current user rating: 5.6/10 (rated by 33 users)

Nelson, Norwich (0.1 miles), Spencer's, Norwich (0.1 miles), Bridge House, Norwich (0.2 miles), Prince Of Wales, Norwich (0.2 miles), Kings, Norwich (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Compleat Angler, Norwich

Very friendly pub within view of the railway station. Unless you're that way inclined best to miss match days and when the footie is on the large TV screens it is very noisy. Beer choice was average...too much GK for me...but the Trumans we had was excellent.
Steamer1 - 8 Oct 2015 18:20
Its been 7 months since I visited Norwich so my comments should be seen through that hindsight. Fantastic visual appeal for a first time visitor approaching from the railway station. Not many in around noon on a Thursday, which is normal from my observations around the UK. I had a pint of something called "1730", tasty and only 3.45, which after a week in London was quite cheap. But given its promising location I would have to say the experience was pretty ordinary.
Queenslander - 4 Jan 2015 22:05
Most of the reviews say it all. The pub is near the station and so ideal for a quick drink while waiting for a train ( you have to do something!) I asked for a dimple jug and was given some strange unintelligible reason as to why they don't have them. Other pubs have them. Never mind.
Tewin - 9 Aug 2013 21:36
One of the few pubs I've been into not to drink the beer - which I am sure is fine but this was 10am for breakfast - decent enough at £3.60ish for a full English. Pub looks like it's seen better days but I saw a Woodforde's handpull so local beer. Good location by the river Wensum.
Booze_Allen - 22 Apr 2013 17:40
A great location next to a River, quiet when I was there.

Pleasant bar Staff.

No sign of any Football fans fortunately so I enjoyed a couple of pints of Wherry.
AuldJimmy - 17 Jun 2012 21:19