The Oxford Arms, Camden - pub details

Oxford Arms

Address: 265 Camden High Street, London, NW1 7BU [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 1087) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube stations Camden Town (0.1 miles), Mornington Crescent (0.5 miles), Kentish Town West (0.5 miles)

Nearest train stations Camden Road (0.3 miles), Kentish Town West (0.5 miles), Kentish Town (0.7 miles)

> Current user rating: 5.8/10 (rated by 69 users)

Elephants Head, Camden (0.0 miles), Buck's Head, Camden (0.0 miles), Good Mixer, Camden (0.0 miles), Devonshire Arms, Camden (0.1 miles), Ice Wharf, Camden (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Oxford Arms, Camden

Very hard to get your bearings in this pub, the beer garden is almost as big as the bar. Very much a pub that survives on passing trade/tourists with little atmosphere. Few ales, nothing out of this world plus the continentals. Staff reasonably friendly.

Precisely 2 reasons for coming here: 1) Use the best smoking area in Camden 2)Watch the footie, they show Continental games too.
QueensParker - 6 Oct 2013 02:45
Everytime I walk past this pub there are people dancing. This is surprising, as its a traditional boozer. Went in for the first time and sure enough.... two ladies started dancing. Nice beer garden. Typical london pub.
Mappiman - 25 Sep 2012 19:58
Boring pub on the main tourist road. I wouldn't bother unless you are very keen to watch a football match.
Richard_ReadingFC - 29 Aug 2012 12:45
While at The Oxford Arms, my friends and I were very disrespected. We were standing off to the side in the outdoor space, socializing when we very rudely and rashly approached by a heavier set lady who apparently worked there. She demanded that we give we her out ID's ( we are way over 18) and then demanded that if we were not drinking to leave. Understandably they are a business but we may have bought drinks later or at a different time. Rudely and disgustingly we were pushed out of this pub. We will never go back, and in fact we plan on calling and filing a complaint. Never disrespect your customers (or potential costumers), that is the number one rule of business. I hope you all take this into consideration when you think about going to this "Pub".
Heathbarg - 10 Jun 2012 21:25
I went to this place after seeing it on a list of 'best london pubs' shown on another website. Whoever nominated it clearly hasn't ventured to anything beyond an average pub. Don't misunderstand me, this place is fine and has an okay range of beers. However, it is very average and can get very busy with people standing near to the bar watching football. There is beer garden outside which I quite liked. Fine for a pint or two with your mates, but there are much better boozers in Camden such as the Elephant's Head across the road.
packster - 16 Feb 2012 12:21