Ivory Peg, Chelmsford - pub details

Ivory Peg

Address: 4/7 New London Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 0NA [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 10311) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train station Chelmsford (0.3 miles)

Chain: Wetherspoons

Cask Marque accreditation

> Current user rating: 4.4/10 (rated by 25 users)

Sweeney's Bar, Chelmsford (0.1 miles), Edwards, Chelmsford (0.1 miles), Que Pasa, Chelmsford (0.1 miles), Chicago Rock Cafe, Chelmsford (0.1 miles), Yates's, Chelmsford (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Ivory Peg, Chelmsford

I don't go there regularly because it really isn't very nice but was in on Saturday night for a friends birthday.

Thugs on the door were so unpleasant and aggressive that we all left.

A complaint has been made to Weatherspoons !
EssexBoy - 26 Jun 2017 12:21
Decent selection of real ales the day I was there. EvanEvans Golden Ale, Bishops Finger, Cambridge IPA, Adnams Broadside plus a couple of others.
Light and airey which is more than can be said for many Wetherspoon pubs. TV with the volume down which doesn't matter too much when sport is on!
The barstaff could be a little quicker off the mark when serving. Otherwise an ok pub.
outtamehead - 24 Nov 2015 02:40
Highly regimented, repressed bar-staff who appear more focussed on following Weatherspoon's operating manual (e.g. performing "busy" tasks) when priority should be given to customers who pay their wages and shore up the share price. Staff appear to be expressly forbidden from interacting with customers apart from dispensing beer and taking money? Why take the time to smile and make polite small talk when you could be swabbing the decks?

May I suggest compulsory away-day visits with regular refreshers to busy City centre pubs for ALL staff, so they may experience at first hand, excellent, friendly service by staff who are competently serving several customers at the same time?
filthyoshabby - 14 Jun 2014 12:40
To any regular users of the Ivory Peg I would recommend you download George Formby's "Blackpool Prom" and then adapt the words accordingly...

I queued for lager, I queued for ale, I queued for a sandwich which was stale...

I queued for a table, I queued for a chair, I queued for a view of the barmaid's pair...

...and after 60 minutes there, I queued in a queue for the loo.

Jay28 - 23 May 2014 17:23
Went here with my family for a meal, found it so expensive did not get change for £10 for four main meals plus dessert and drinks.
did have lots of nice beaver flashing there bits but thats the only good thing about this place.
I was also sick on the floor and they did not clean it up for 45 mins