The Maxwell Hotel, Orpington - pub details

Maxwell Hotel

Address: Station Road, Orpington, Kent, BR6 0RZ [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 10105) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Orpington (0.3 miles), Chelsfield (1.3 miles), Petts Wood (1.6 miles)

> Current user rating: 4.8/10 (rated by 17 users)
> Local guide: Kent pub guide

Harvest Moon, Orpington (0.5 miles), White Hart, Orpington (0.6 miles), Cricketers, Orpington (0.6 miles), Royal Albert, St Mary Cray (1.0 miles), Buff, Orpington (1.0 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Maxwell Hotel, Orpington

Friend and I came in here randomly one Saturday afternoon and cant say we were overly impressed - took take an age to get served and place just seemed in need of a dettol bath. Good points are the bus stop outside and train station just up the road to make a swift exit
easyskip - 19 Aug 2015 12:31
Awful pub, full of druggies. Best avoided.
beerscheers - 30 Jan 2015 12:17
Like the last correspondent, I foolishly gave the Maxwell a go on 5 December 2014 - mainly to see the band playing. The band were great, but the pub is sadly very poor. If it were not bad enough that local drunks fell on me, the landlord appears not to know anything about wine. I asked for a dry rose wine, and was given a SWEET wine !! Bad enough, but when I complained, the landlord stated "that was what you ordered" and walked away. Maybe a spot of customer service training is in order, but I doubt it will happen. I think I'll stay away - for ever !!!!
Stevie_Ray - 6 Dec 2014 11:38
I rather foolishly gave the Maxwell another go last week.........

Wish I had not. There are now bare walls where pictures used to be, an even more basic choice of drinks and a pub full of kids thinking they are local faces on one side and miserable old fellas on the other. The barmaids preferring to chat instead of serve.

A sign the pub has changed for the worse? Lots of lovely notices about the pub not tolerating drugs. Mind you I reckon ever the most discerning druggie would balk and the poor standard of the bogs.
orpingtoneagle - 14 Jan 2012 21:57
Open again, although the new manager appears to have overlooked the fact that the toilets are a health hazard (as they were under the previous "management") and the clientele is less than pleasant. Not a pub to go out of your way for (in fact I would advise people to walk past this one!).
beerscheers - 13 Dec 2011 13:19